Windows 10: Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. This happened after a system restore. Not sure what to...

Discus and support Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. This happened after a system restore. Not sure what to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any help will be appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlMason, Feb 4, 2020.

1. AlMason Win User

Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. This happened after a system restore. Not sure what to...

Any help will be appreciated

:)

AlMason, Feb 4, 2020
  2. wsc975 Win User

Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on start up

upon starting up my laptop im a blue screen with the "Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" error, ive tried restoring the system, entering in a safemode and resting my laptop but nothing seems to be working, is anyone able to help me with this issue? i am
    using windows 10

wsc975, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Hi Tanveer,

There may be several reasons why you are getting these error message. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error codes except from the error message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO ?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried setting it again to your previous settings and see if the issue still persist?
    The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. This happened after a system restore. Not sure what to...

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. This happened after a system restore. Not sure what to... - Similar Threads - Stop code BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

2. Code bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Code bad_system_config_info: I've been locked out of my computer for a couple of days now, it gives me the error code bad_system_config_error and I've tried all the fixes that I've seen on YouTube but they didn't work? I'm just locked on the recovery screen, I tried resetting it too cause I had just...
  3. Not sure what happened . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure what happened . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm having a problem, doing a screen print.I press on shift, windows key, S.And, usually. I got four, different options.Of how to get, a a screen print.But, for some reason. It doesn't, work anymore?So I've decided, to use the...
  4. Not sure what happened . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure what happened . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm having a problem, doing a screen print.I press on shift, windows key, S.And, usually. I got four, different options.Of how to get, a a screen print.But, for some reason. It doesn't, work anymore?So I've decided, to use the...
  5. Not sure what happened . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. "STOP CODE: Bad system config info" What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "STOP CODE: Bad system config info" What does this mean?: Message on start-up is "Your PC did not start correctly" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-bad-system-config-info-what-does-this/de595202-47d9-4c74-b4ac-82b4c28fa270
  7. Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi, I have the above message when I opened up my computer (using Windows 10 Home and probably the latest build as I always update regularly). I have tried the automatic repair option and every other option e.g. troubleshoot. I have tried to boot from a recovery disk,...
  8. repair stop code " bad system config info "

repair stop code " bad system config info ": Laptop will not open & shows stop code " bad system config info". Tried all the troubleshoot methods & none worked. Does anyone know how to fix this problem without going to a technician ??...
  9. Stop code bad system config info

Stop code bad system config info: How do fix a stop code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-bad-system-config-info/fb60700c-8721-4ddc-b41f-9806c23e4547
  10. stop code : BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

stop code : BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: tHIS IS WHAT IS DISPLAYED ON MY WIFES HP LAPTOP ANY SUGGESTIONS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/stop-code-bad-system-config-info/1c612416-2860-428e-8dfa-f046594894bd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows stop code

2. what does windows stop code mean