Windows 10: Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my PC has been crashing frequently due to "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED." Here is the output from WhoCrashed: crash dump file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilsonSebastian, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Recently, my PC has been crashing frequently due to "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED." Here is the output from WhoCrashed:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll+0xA34E9
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF97878C01D200, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
    Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122919-5453-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1B6980
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF97878C01D200, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Here are the dump files and system information: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnZxOlFsynqtauoQX-GIB7xbrqU?e=H4bUlA

:)

WilsonSebastian, Dec 29, 2019

2. stop Codes: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

ive been getting these stop codes over the past two weeks.

There are more of the: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

and fewer of the: "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"

all the system is up to date and runs sometimes for days without the stop codes. Today the startup screen offered fixes,.. so ive checked to see that my backups are in good shape and they are up todate... so the question i have is:

How should I attack these two stop codes?

thanks very much

Sterling

SterlingVanDerwerker, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

HELP PLEASE! I received the Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED when I downloaded Office Pro 2016 and tried to restart computer and now have the dreaded blue screen of death. I've tried everything I could find on YouTube, but It keeps looping back to Automatic
    Repair. Any suggestions?

Moved from:
    Office
    /Install, upgrade and activate /Windows 10 /
    Office

GavinHimalaya, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - Stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code : Critical_Process_Died: FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMPPROCESS_NAME: svchost.exeCRITICAL_PROCESS: svchost.exeERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xd19a040 - <Unable to get error code text>STACK_TEXT: fffff589`d206f938 fffff804`17d0e402 : 00000000`000000ef ffffcf81`0c67a340 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 :...
  3. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code : Critical_Process_Died: FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMPPROCESS_NAME: svchost.exeCRITICAL_PROCESS: svchost.exeERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xd19a040 - <Unable to get error code text>STACK_TEXT: fffff589`d206f938 fffff804`17d0e402 : 00000000`000000ef ffffcf81`0c67a340 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 :...
  4. Stop code : Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”: I keep receiving stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” after logging into my computer. I looked through the internet and found multiple fixes that didn’t help. The only one that did was resetting my pc, but now I just received it again and I’m not sure why. Please help....
  6. Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”

Stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED”: I keep receiving stop code “CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED” after logging into my computer. I looked through the internet and found multiple fixes that didn’t help. The only one that did was resetting my pc, but now I just received it again and I’m not sure why. Please help....
  7. stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code: critical_process_died: hellowhen unplug charger from laptop this error appear:stop code: critical_process_diedplease help me tanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-criticalprocessdied/34c57f66-ed02-4bb8-9fa0-5c12f2d675bc
  8. stop code: critical_process_died

stop code: critical_process_died: hellowhen unplug charger from laptop this error appear:stop code: critical_process_diedplease help me tanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-criticalprocessdied/34c57f66-ed02-4bb8-9fa0-5c12f2d675bc
  9. STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: After I updating my Windows 10 version, I am facing blue screen error. It shows me stop code error and giving that's name CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. N.B: I think the problem started for my network adapter Modem driver. Because, after entering the Modem, My PC went to blue...
  10. Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I keep getting this error on start up. I get the welcome screen then type in my PIN; it goes to the stop code screen and restarts, over and over and over. I booted from CD and did a system restore: Same result. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. Randy...