Windows 10: Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

Discus and support Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AimeeSJ, Jun 6, 2020.

1. AimeeSJ Win User

Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

Hi,

My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a resolution.

Firstly, upon starting up the PC we are met with the blue screen of death and a Stop Code error. Upon following Windows’ advice and heading over to the appropriate link for help, we are met with advice on how to place the PC into Windows Recovery Environment WinRE before moving on to booting the PC in Safe Mode with Networking and carrying out some more fancy steps. Unfortunately for us, the PC does not reboot in Safe Mode and instead starts its usual vicious cycle of “computer says no” and goes back to its usual automatic repair attempt and Stop Code message.

My second gripe comes with yet more nonsense advice and that is in the form of a System Resore, or lack there of. Upon entering the System Restore page from Advanced Options we are met with 2 items. The first, ‘Windows Update’ and the second, ‘Automatic Restore Point’ — both dated in the early hours of the 20th April 2020. We have made several attempts to resore both and have failed on numerous occasions as a result of, you’ve guessed it, yet another error message. This time it states “System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive D:\ The drive might be corrupt. You might want to retry System Restore after running chkdsk /R on this disk. An unspecified error occured during System Restore 0x80070571. So, naturally, I run this and nothing out of the ordinary jumps out at me.

So where do we go from here? Do I just bite the bullet and save the files, reset the PC and re-install windows or do I do the above and bin the thing?

:)

AimeeSJ, Jun 6, 2020

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Jun 6, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod

Crash dumps are not very helpful for stop 0xEF, because they does not contain the necessary data.
    ETW minidump data unavailable
    EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x111d6080 - <Unable to get error code text>
    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x111d6080 - <Unable to get error code text> So BSOD analysis will not be very effective here.

And, it is a laptop. We will not be able to open it, test the hardware components and replace those.

If it does not boot in safe mode too, then there is almost no options in hand. Plus, it gives a hint of a hardware level error, as most of the drivers are inactive in safe mode.

I would suggest you to take the laptop to a Lenovo Service Center. If it is within a warranty, explore it.

4. zbook Win User

Stop computer booting into safe mode

In case there are any other problems with safe mode see this tutorial (option #5, step #5):

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

zbook, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Stop Code Error

2. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  3. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  4. Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode: Randomly my windows 11 mouse cursor wouldn't stop flashing the loading icon. I tried to find if it was an application but I couldn't find anything. I go to startup settings and set to boot in safe mode. I restart and then it gives me error 0x00000e. If I try to force boot...
  5. Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode: Randomly my windows 11 mouse cursor wouldn't stop flashing the loading icon. I tried to find if it was an application but I couldn't find anything. I go to startup settings and set to boot in safe mode. I restart and then it gives me error 0x00000e. If I try to force boot...
  6. Unable to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot safe mode: So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?...
  7. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.: While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no...
  8. Stop computer booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop computer booting into safe mode: My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode. Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does not work. I am sure that I have remembered it correctly. I can log into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and see my...
  9. BSOD various stop codes, unable to boot past post even w/ safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD various stop codes, unable to boot past post even w/ safe mode: The problem started when a game froze, and I did a hard reboot of the computer. Since then every boot attempt crashes after the BIOS screen, even when trying safe mode and even with a brand new hard drive and clean install of Windows 10. I'm completely unable to boot to...
  10. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...