Windows 10: Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated

Discus and support Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I own a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga that I bought direct from Lenovo Feb 2019. Over several months I would get a message box asking me to update the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeM-Scotland, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated

I own a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga that I bought direct from Lenovo Feb 2019. Over several months I would get a message box asking me to update the firmware. I was always too busy and then the first week of Sept I went ahead and allowed the computer to update the firmware. Big mistake. It ended all good and then tried to reboot which to my horror was a blue screen with the message your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. When it tried again but at no time could it boot up. After some research I found out that it was needed a bit locker key which I had never heard of and did not activate or enable on my computer. Since purchasing the computer I have always had it in my possession, used it every day and at no time has anyone else used it. I talked for hours asking Lenovo for help and the same with someone on the Microsoft help desk. Both seemed to blame each other but I still have the problem in that it is asking for something that I did not set or activate and truthfully even today I still have no idea how to get one. I am in real trouble since everything I own is on that computer and drive and right now even asking some local techs for help it all comes back to requesting a bit locker key. I do not know what the Lenovo firmware did when it loaded, and I have no idea if Microsoft had indeed installed windows with this activated. All I know is that I am desperate for help and do not know what to do. When I contact the Lenovo forum one message, I got was

I cannot see the machine to be sure what happened, ,but Microsoft decided at some point to put Bitlocker onto any drive on any machine that had Windows 10, supports modern standby and a TPM chip, by default. This has nothing to do with who manufactured the machine. A user can decide to turn it off unencrypt but to do that, you would need to know it was there. It gets turned on without warning and by default. There is no warning to back up the key..

I have tried all the normal recovery tactics that is listed using my Microsoft Account but because I did not activate anything there is no chance that the key was stored in my account or anywhere else. As stated, before I did not activate bit locker no one has had access to my computer to do anything. I still have no idea how to activate it.

Can someone please help or point me in the direction as to where I can get help. I am desperate and have no idea what to do.

Thx,

Mike

:)

MikeM-Scotland, Oct 13, 2020
  2. jacanadas Win User

Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Windows 10 stop code. Inaccessible boot device. How can I fix this problem.

jacanadas, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

I need to stop code inaccessible boot device the message that come on my screen immediately it's power on

amostimothy, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated

Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Hello,

I need some help on how to fix "stop code: inaccessible boot device" message that comes on my computer immediately it's powered on.

Thanks

Setonthen Owolabani, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated

1. Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device - No Bitlocker key ever activated - Similar Threads - Stop Code Inaccessible

2. Stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: How to solve this error please assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/83feeeb8-0204-4f23-ae47-c0afe54c45bd
  3. Stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: How to solve this error please assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/83feeeb8-0204-4f23-ae47-c0afe54c45bd
  4. Stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device

Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device: I have tried everything in the troubleshooting menu and still keep getting this stop code. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/6db8e048-a109-43fd-a901-234535c5ebef
  6. Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code: Inaccessible Boot Device: I have tried everything in the troubleshooting menu and still keep getting this stop code. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/6db8e048-a109-43fd-a901-234535c5ebef
  7. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  8. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  9. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

10. Stop Code of inaccessible Boot Device.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code of inaccessible Boot Device.: Stop Code of inaccessible Boot Device. After transferring info from my old HP to My New HP by Laplink Pcmover Pro I keep getting a 'Preparing Automatic Repair' and only once the blue screen with the advanced option choice. Suggestions?!...