Windows 10: Stop Code - Internal Power Error

Discus and support Stop Code - Internal Power Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm suddenly getting this error when I shut down. I tried both ways by power button and start. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Presentelaw, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Stop Code - Internal Power Error

Hi,

I'm suddenly getting this error when I shut down. I tried both ways by power button and start. Please help.

:)

Presentelaw, Dec 14, 2019
  2. krzemien Win User

Stop Code: INTERNAL POWER ERROR

For clarity and so we all know the resolution: This statement is slightly at odds with your earlier post:

So can you definitely confirm - at this stage, you will know within a week, two - that it looks that it indeed was an obsolete NVMe driver that was to blame for these BSODs?

Irrespective of that, one of your Samsung SSDs seems to have damaged sectors - worth thinking about the replacement (or at least having fresh backup in place, as ZBook already suggested).

krzemien, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Involute Win User

I started getting this BSOD occasionally a day or two ago. It only happens when the PC goes to sleep. The PC works fine on restart.

Stop Code - Internal Power Error [​IMG]

Involute, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Involute Win User

Stop Code - Internal Power Error

I've confirmed that the PC going to sleep (not the display) triggers the BSOD. I have two Samsung EVO 960 SSDs. I confirmed (through Samsung's Magician s/w) that one had an out-of-date driver, which I updated. Unfortunately, I still have the problem, so I'll spend some time later tonight or tomorrow collecting the data zbook has requested.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting to run the tests. Here are the results from items 2 - 9 (I'll make several posts to make sure I don't lose anything):

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.295](c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offlinerepairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.18362.1Image Version: 10.0.18362.295[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.18362.1Image Version: 10.0.18362.295[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 1353984 file records processed.File verification completed. 23370 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 1350 reparse records processed. 1723796 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 1350 reparse records processed.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 184907 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 37445376 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 486975945 KB total disk space. 390882460 KB in 1055631 files. 591376 KB in 184908 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 1532869 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 93969240 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 121743986 total allocation units on disk. 23492310 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros set autoreboot = falseUpdating property(s) of '\\KARLS-DESKTOP\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|C:\\WINDOWS|\\Device\\Harddisk2\\Partition2"'Property(s) update successful.C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7Updating property(s) of '\\KARLS-DESKTOP\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_OSRecoveryConfiguration.Name="Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|C:\\WINDOWS|\\Device\\Harddisk2\\Partition2"'Property(s) update successful.C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcdedit /enum {badmemory}RAM Defects-----------identifier {badmemory}C:\WINDOWS\system32>

- - - Updated - - -

Here are items 13 and 14 (I'll update the BIOS (item 12) last).

Comments for item 14:

14a_HD Tune-Health: Nothing displays on this tab, just the countdown until the next update, at which point it starts over. This happens for all drives.14a_HD Tune-ErrorScan-1: This is a 4TB HDD (RAID 1) and would take > seven hours to run. I'll hold off until necessary. In case it's relevant, I only store data on this drive. Programs are stored on drive 2 (SSD).14a_HD Tune-Benchmark-2: Read error. Test aborted. If it matters, this disk is an SSD, but disk 3 is identical and ran the benchmark with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the Sea Tools screen grab for one SSD:
    Attachment 246721
    It may be both SSDs, though, since the serial number listed is just the start of the number and is the same for both of my SSDs (which are identical). Otherwise, I don't know why both SSDs aren't listed.

The RAID 1 Volume is 4TB of HDD and will take several hours to run, so I'll hold off on that unless it becomes necessary.

I'm also attaching the latest V2 log: KARLS-DESKTOP-(2019-09-08_21-06-58).zip

Involute, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Stop Code - Internal Power Error

1. Stop Code - Internal Power Error - Similar Threads - Stop Code Internal

2. I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error: I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error, I have re-booted several times. Computer does not respond to anything I type in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-blue-screen-with-stop-code-internal-power/073b5d1a-4510-4d9b-bfa6-0da6c69742a6
  3. I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error: I have blue screen with Stop Code: Internal Power Error, I have re-booted several times. Computer does not respond to anything I type in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-blue-screen-with-stop-code-internal-power/073b5d1a-4510-4d9b-bfa6-0da6c69742a6
  4. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  5. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  6. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Power Error: I keep getting a blue screen when using the computer. On the blue screen I see the following message "For more information about this issue and possible fix, visit https://windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code: INTERNAL POWER...
  8. Internal power error

Internal power error: Hi. My pc crashes randomly and sometimes they are BSOD and most are related to my video card but i am not sure its just what i found on searching each of them. Internal power error was the last one i also had VIDEO TDR FAILURE Its a fresh windows install and previously on the...
  9. Stop Code: INTERNAL POWER ERROR

Stop Code: INTERNAL POWER ERROR: I started getting this BSOD occasionally a day or two ago. It only happens when the PC goes to sleep. The PC works fine on restart. [img] 139982
  10. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internal Power Error: When I turn my computer on after it going to sleep it comes up with internal power error. The computer is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/df00b1b7-dec7-457d-8527-b17af959ce50