Windows 10: Stop code problem

Discus and support Stop code problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Woke up to laptop saying pc ran into problems and its collecting error info then it will reset. It now has been an hr and it is still at 0%. Stop code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scratch_02, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Stop code problem

Woke up to laptop saying pc ran into problems and its collecting error info then it will reset. It now has been an hr and it is still at 0%. Stop code error is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and what failed was the USBCHI.SYS. Help would be greatly appreciated on how to make it so the 0% starts to change, thank you!

submitted by /u/Scratch_02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scratch_02, Jun 30, 2020
  2. daikin990 Win User

win 10 pro 64 stop code 0x0000007b 0xffffffffc0000034

The STOP 0x0000007B errors are caused by device driver problems, viruses, data corruption, and sometimes even hardware failures. You have tried update your drivers. If the problem still persist, try the steps:

• Run chkdsk on your hard drive. ...
    • Perform an extensive test of your hard drive. ...
    • Run the fixmbr command to create a new master boot record. ...
    • Clear the CMOS. ...
    • Update your BIOS. ...
    • Update the hard drive controller's firmware if possible. ...
    • Repair your Windows installation. ...
    • Perform basic STOP error troubleshooting.

daikin990, Jun 30, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Abit AW9D Max problem

Might want to check ram. going by the POST code list, 8.2 is power supply, 8.4 is memory.

95Viper's suggestions are pretty good TBH.

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Stop code problem

AW9D Stops At Post Code 56

Hello

I have AW9D motherboard

Recently my NVIDIA GT8800 GTX video card died so i bought myself a GT220 card, lower spec but similar enough for me to expect it to be ok on this motherboard

Installed the card and the machine cannot pass the POST sequence

It stops on code 56. The AW9D manual has post code 55 and 57, but no 56 listed

I am able to use the GTX 8800 card as an uninstalled VGA card, so i can view the POST sequence when the machine boots with this card in place. I can see the POST sequence 55, 56, 57 and so on, so 56 seems to be a valid code, just not listed

I updated the BIOS (using the Abit Flasmenu utility) with the latest version of BIOS i could find on the ABIT site

What i would really like to do is establish whether or not the problem is on the video card (and then i can return it to vendor) or if i have a problem on my motherboard

If anyone had any pointers that would be great thanks

Best regards

Patrick

patrickcoote, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Stop code problem

1. Stop code problem - Similar Threads - Stop code problem

2. Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, using windows 11 and have been getting multiple BSOD daily for the past 2 months now seemingly getting more frequent lately.Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTERStop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDBlueScreenView reports ntoskrnl.exe as being the cause.What is it and...
  3. Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, using windows 11 and have been getting multiple BSOD daily for the past 2 months now seemingly getting more frequent lately.Stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTERStop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDBlueScreenView reports ntoskrnl.exe as being the cause.What is it and...
  4. Windows stop code problem and booting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stop code problem and booting issues: Hi there! I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10, 2GB ram ,1TB hard disk and chipset graphics. One day I have faced a problem when I pressed the power button It turning on but it suddenly stopped working in windows boot logo but next time it turned on finely I faced this...
  5. Windows stop code problem and booting issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stop code problem and booting issues: Hi there! I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10, 2GB ram ,1TB hard disk and chipset graphics. One day I have faced a problem when I pressed the power button It turning on but it suddenly stopped working in windows boot logo but next time it turned on finely I faced this...
  6. Windows stop code problem and booting issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. stop code problem

stop code problem: Updated my windows 10 and now my pc keeps shutting of ,stop code : SYTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ,Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-problem/ab110e41-af93-4776-9da8-66155eebe89e
  8. Stop Code

Stop Code: My computer continues to show www.windows.com/stopcode and reboots every time. I need advise as how to stop this happening. It starting happening after an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code/c4824b4f-44c0-4302-a454-e8e671cdb5f8
  9. Stop code

Stop code: A bluescreen just happened to my computer and it showed 'stop code: REFERENCE BY POINTER'. Why it happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code/2eacb3df-4f8e-4699-b89a-c6cf5d7d909f
  10. how to resolve a stop code problem

how to resolve a stop code problem: My computer keeps going blank then I get a message about a stop code. It shuts my computer then starts it up again. What is going on and how can I resolve this issue. I have windows 10...