Windows 10: Stop Code Reference By Pointer

Discus and support Stop Code Reference By Pointer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stop Code Reference By Pointer I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. What is it and how can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by coolcom_321, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

Stop Code Reference By Pointer
    I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer.

What is it and how can I fix it?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

my Minidump file link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnYZQ7UrkGHDiQJKGWdo6xmVv5q9?e=Ow5b2e

:)

coolcom_321, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Derekrm Win User

I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer.

What is it and how can I fix it?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Derekrm, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Stop code: Reference by Pointer

Hi,

I have encountered this error twice now.

Stop Code: Reference by Pointer.

What does it mean and whats its causes? It definitely happened after i updated my Win 10. Looked all over online but not really found a solution to this problem.

PC specs just in case:

Win 10 Pro, 64 bit

i5-6200U 2.4

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 940M

hamsikarmino, Jun 14, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Stop code: Reference by Pointer

This is a generic error message that, by itself, doesn't describe the exact problem.

The 'pointer' is the part of the operating system that tells the CPU the location of the next instruction it should execute. The error means that the pointer is 'pointing' to something that the CPU cannot execute for some reason. This is a software problem
    that you can't solve without knowing what task the computer was about to perform when the error manifested. Reviewing a
    dump file may help, and is worth a try, but it may not be conclusive. It would help to know, if possible, what the computer was doing when you first saw the error.

The term 'dump file' means a listing of the contents of RAM and/or the CPU's memory caches. With sophisticated software or a great deal of patience, it may be possible to determine what the CPU was looking at when the error occurred. That by itself doesn't
    necessarily tell you what caused the error, and it might also be a red herring, but it can give you a starting point for further research.

Another starting point is knowing what the computer was trying to do at the time, or what software was recently added to the computer. The most frustrating thing about this type of error is that it might fix itself all by itself, without you doing anything,
    or it might be resolved by some other troubleshooting you do that actually has nothing to do with the original cause.

My philosophy in this case is: whatever works.

BulldogXX, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Code Reference By Pointer - Similar Threads - Stop Code Reference

2. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code Reference By Pointer: My Laptop keeps showing blue screen after a couple of minutes of starting windows. I've tried everythingdism, chkdsk and still doesn't work. here is my Mini-dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D0vD_A43RzlX2AzmanWzXKY5vc7WMzfr/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Stop code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code Reference By Pointer: I have had multiple Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer over the last few days. What is it and how can I fix it?Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks...
  4. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code Reference by Pointer: My computer has just crashed several times to the blue screen with stop code reference by pointer. I've managed to locate my dump files - do I need to upload them here to see why it keeps crashing?...
  5. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code Reference by Pointer: My computer has just crashed several times to the blue screen with stop code reference by pointer. I've managed to locate my dump files - do I need to upload them here to see why it keeps crashing?...
  6. Stop code: Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: Reference by pointer: Hi TeamI tried sending a folder which has dump files for windows boot crash but the delivery was failed stating that my message contained something like spam. How can I send it to you?DUmp files...
  7. Stop code: Reference by pointer

Stop code: Reference by pointer: Hi TeamI tried sending a folder which has dump files for windows boot crash but the delivery was failed stating that my message contained something like spam. How can I send it to you?DUmp files...
  8. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

Stop Code Reference By Pointer: I've been having multiple bluescreens of deaths shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer whenever I play a pc game ex. Apex Legends, COD Warzone. It usually happens after a few minutes of running the game. What is it and how can I fix it? Any help and advice would be...
  9. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

Stop Code Reference by Pointer: Hello, I'm getting a repetitive BSOD on startup with "stop code reference by pointer." I've included a link to the minidump files here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sAK1Yyklnf-e3jxDhtPbX-efGuX_a2P7/view?usp=sharing. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Ryan...
  10. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code Reference By Pointer: I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. What is it and how can I fix it? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...