Windows 10: Stop computer booting into safe mode

Discus and support Stop computer booting into safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode. Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bradburts, Aug 16, 2019.

1. bradburts Win User

Stop computer booting into safe mode

My screen started flickering and (following a bad guide) I used msconfig to configure safe mode.
    Safe mode does not allow PIN login. My password does not work. I am sure that I have remembered it correctly.
    I can log into https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and see my devices there. The password I use there does not log me onto my PC.

What are my options? How can I get the computer to boot normally so I can enter my PIN.
    Is the PC login credential different to the Microsoft Account? Is the PC credential an email & if so how would I go about reseting the password (assuming I have linked a phone).

:)

bradburts, Aug 16, 2019

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Stop computer booting into safe mode

Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Stop computer booting into safe mode

1. Stop computer booting into safe mode - Similar Threads - Stop computer booting

2. Computer won’t boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t boot into safe mode.: For whatever reason, when I select boot into safe mode from the restart menu, it just doesn’t work. My computer shuts off rather than restarts and when I turn it back on, it’s not in safe mode. It’s just normal. Anyone know how I can fix this? submitted by /u/Chaosmyguy...
  3. Computer password not working after booting into safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer password not working after booting into safe mode: I did the msconfig thing to go on safe mode and then my computer restarted. After it restarted it asked for a password I always used a pin instead of a password. Every rime I try entering my pin it doesn't work someone please help I have a lot of assignments I have to submit...
  4. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  5. Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode: Hi, My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a resolution. Firstly, upon starting up the PC we are met with the blue screen of death and a Stop Code error. Upon following...
  6. How do I stop booting in safe mode

How do I stop booting in safe mode: Hi, First time posting here, hope I do it right. So I tried booting in safe mode, to make a fresh driver install for my probably faulty GPU, but when I try to login, password isn't recognized! I usually use a pin number that doesn't work either. Looks like the boot...
  7. Cannot boot into safe mode

Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  8. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  9. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...
  10. can't stop safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't stop safe mode: My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into...