Windows 10: Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically

Discus and support Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Does your Windows PC gets locked automatically too often? If that’s the case, then its probably because of some setting in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically

WinClub, Sep 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Sep 3, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop computer from locking Windows 10 automatically - Similar Threads - Stop computer locking

2. Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Windows 10 from Automatically Rebooting Itself: Why is Windows 10 rebooting itself causing me to lose work? Is it possible to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-10-from-automatically-rebooting/bfb5a8fc-5d65-4fa2-8e69-5885eba2de4e
  3. Why my computer is locking automatically

Why my computer is locking automatically: Hello everyone,I have a problem with my computer. It is locking when I unplug it from the socket even if the battery is full charged. It happens the 3 times I unplug it and it begins yesterday.When I press the power button on battery mode, it try to turn on but never more...
  4. Computer Locking itself Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Locking itself Automatically: HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff....
  5. Stopping Windows from automatically restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping Windows from automatically restarting: I need to record video 24x7 for weeks on end. How do I stop Windows 10 Home from not updating and rebooting in the middle of the recording? the recording stops every 8 hours to open a new file - but that only takes 3 seconds I tried to change Active hours, but you cannot...
  6. Computer keeps locking automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this?...
  7. Window 10 lock automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 lock automatically: Hello sir /madam My laptop automatic locking & switch off. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-lock-automatically/9dcbaf2a-09a6-4c26-a067-99f13025882a"
  8. Computer keeps locking automatically

Computer keeps locking automatically: My computer keeps locking up. Ill try to run something and a blue screen will pop saying "locking..." And it will completely shut down. How do i fix this? ***Modified title from: my computer (dell, windows 10) keeps locking up, how do I fix it?***...
  9. How to stop windows 10 from automatically locking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop windows 10 from automatically locking: Hi, My windows 10 recently started locking automatically after two minutes. This is rather annoying and I would like to turn automatically locking off completely, however I can't find the setting for this and I've done a lot of googling for it. I hope any of you can help...
  10. Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10 How to Automatically Lock Computer in Windows 10 When you shut down[/b]. The Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit security policy setting allows you to specify an amount in seconds of inactivity to wait before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop pc locking windows 10

2. windows 10 stop computer from locking

3. stop windows pc locking

4. how to stop computer locking,
  5. how to stop my windows from locking,
  6. how to stop computer from locking automatically,
  7. Windows 10 stop locking on hibernation,
  8. how to stop windows from locking your device,
  9. windows 10 stop auto lock,
  10. stop windows 10 from automatically locking