Windows 10: stop computer timeout after 3 min

Discus and support stop computer timeout after 3 min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout. if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richard52, Jul 29, 2018.

1. richard52 Win User

stop computer timeout after 3 min

i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout.

if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on again as well as reconnect to the wireless.

i am absolutely not a windows newbie but there is a setting i can not find.

it is baffling, i have been to usual places to make settings and looked all over the net to read faq's but can not find the setting.

so please start telling me where to look for timeout settings; it has to be easy but i most definitely can not find it.

thanks, regards.

:)

richard52, Jul 29, 2018

2. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 29, 2018
  4. stop computer timeout after 3 min

How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

stop computer timeout after 3 min

1. stop computer timeout after 3 min - Similar Threads - stop computer timeout

2. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  3. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  4. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. STOP WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOP WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: Hi, 1. I installed a hackintosh on my laptop and then somehow couldn't run WIndows again. I probably formatted that drive with Windows. On reinstalling my Windows 10 , it hangs after sometime and then on restarting it, it gives a STOP WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Error and I haven't been...
  7. my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown

my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown: my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-3-5-min-after-shutdown/319a676b-db03-4a4c-844c-85a208fb6f2f
  8. Touch screen of my laptop works only when start it and stops responding after 2-3 mins....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch screen of my laptop works only when start it and stops responding after 2-3 mins....: Now I dont know if it's a software or hardware issue coz the touch worked fine before the update, last month it stopped after the update so I did a hard reset and it worked, but this time is it only works for a few minutes when the windows starts. I've tried everything apart...
  9. WI-FI Internet is restarting after 3-4 min

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI Internet is restarting after 3-4 min: My WI FI Internet restarts after every 3-4 minutes and I can not find the solution, I tried several things but I have not solved it yet, and the biggest problem is that I can not play any game because it gets me out of the game. A week ago I had no problem, so please help...
  10. Logon Takes 3-4 mins

Logon Takes 3-4 mins: Hey all Using Windows 10 Redstone, intel i7 laptop, with ssd. Startup takes about 8-10 secs after restart (power up). I've been using the hibernate feature for a long time, but last week when I restarted my computer it did not log on after I've entered my password. The...