stop computer timeout after 3 min

Discus and support stop computer timeout after 3 min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout. if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richard52, Jul 29, 2018.

1. richard52 Win User

i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout.

if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on again as well as reconnect to the wireless.

i am absolutely not a windows newbie but there is a setting i can not find.

it is baffling, i have been to usual places to make settings and looked all over the net to read faq's but can not find the setting.

so please start telling me where to look for timeout settings; it has to be easy but i most definitely can not find it.

thanks, regards.

:)

richard52, Jul 29, 2018
  2. B Prakash 0626 Win User

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Michelle Her Win User

How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. stop computer timeout after 3 min - Similar Threads - stop computer timeout

2. Troubeshooting Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubeshooting Stop Code: Please help to troubleshoot this stop code : Driver IRQL not less or equal. What failed : nvlddmkm.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/troubeshooting-stop-code/18b29a05-4d47-4747-8f43-cc10083fdeab
  3. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  4. BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE: HI im 2 days into this now-- have been trying soo many solutions online-- & nothing is working this is the 3rd time that after a mandatory reboot-- i have been lift with the black screen. The 1st one required 200$+ at the computer repair shop. The 2nd i was able to...
  5. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update: Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas? 116073
  6. Windows 10 freezing after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after update: My computer keeps freezing after the update that came out in April. My computer updated back in April when it came out and the freezing started so I rolled back to the last update and I no longer had the problem but now the update was force pushed out a couple days ago and...
  7. Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start: Recently, my Bluetooth Driver keeps on giving me an error with this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I have a Dell Inspiron PC (the ones made in 2016 Christmas) and it's really interfering with my Headset that has Bluetooth....
  8. My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...: My printer is a 3-way and the Scanner is listed on my computer with the printer. When I try to scan a page, it states the 2 items are not connected and can't work. My computer's name is listed on the printer so I don't see what the problem is....
  9. Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer: I installed classic shell, played with it for a few minutes, didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. Now, my computer boots all the way up until it gets to the desktop. All it's showing is a black screen with the mouse cursor. It does the same thing when I boot into Safe Mode....
  10. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...