Windows 10: stop computer timeout after 3 min

Discus and support stop computer timeout after 3 min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout. if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richard52, Jul 29, 2018.

1. richard52 Win User

stop computer timeout after 3 min

i absolutely can not find the settings in win 10 where to set screen/system timeout.

if i leave the computer unattended for 3 minutes i have to log on again as well as reconnect to the wireless.

i am absolutely not a windows newbie but there is a setting i can not find.

it is baffling, i have been to usual places to make settings and looked all over the net to read faq's but can not find the setting.

so please start telling me where to look for timeout settings; it has to be easy but i most definitely can not find it.

thanks, regards.

:)

richard52, Jul 29, 2018
  2. B Prakash 0626 Win User

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Michelle Her Win User

How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. stop computer timeout after 3 min - Similar Threads - stop computer timeout

2. Stop Code.... CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Code.... CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT: this is the 5th time in less than 2 weeks that I have had my computer freeze up, BLUE SCREEN. it displays this code.. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-clock-watchdog-timeout/49b6d267-393f-4e06-a30c-eca9103b26d8
  3. Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts: I just upgraded my computer including changing from an Asus M5A99FX motherboard to a Gigabyte x470 Aorus. My problem is that when I boot the computer it starts and runs windows for about 3 minutes then this message pops up: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart....
  4. Most webpages not loading after few mins of computer usage.

in Browsers and Email
    Most webpages not loading after few mins of computer usage.: Previously I used a pocketable 4g/LTE wifi router for my PC and recently i had to change the router to a brand new model due to personal problems. The new wifi router seems to work flawless with my iPhone but when I try to use it with my PC, after a few mins or so, websites...
  5. UAC timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC timeout: I have several pieces of software that take really long times to upzip and do preliminary operations before attempting to do the installation. Several times I have walked away to avoid staring at a flashing screen for 15 minutes (or because my bladder is only so large) to...
  6. Logon Takes 3-4 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon Takes 3-4 mins: Hey all Using Windows 10 Redstone, intel i7 laptop, with ssd. Startup takes about 8-10 secs after restart (power up). I've been using the hibernate feature for a long time, but last week when I restarted my computer it did not log on after I've entered my password. The...
  7. Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2

Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2: Hello guys, first post but reading forum for years... can some of you do an sfc /scannow and check your results with the November update installed? I always do this when i finish installations, and on 3 computers and 4 installations on them, 2 on one computer just to be...
  8. Monitor/Screen timeout not applying after hibernation

Monitor/Screen timeout not applying after hibernation: Hello, I have set the screen timeout to go off after 20 minutes and it works fine, but when I hibernate my PC then power on again, the screen timeout does not work and the screen stays on forever. I don't know if it's a Windows problem or my system's fault. I don't care if...
  9. Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK: My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set screen-switch-off-after option to 30 min, and hard-drive-switch-off option set to after 300 min ) . It's easy to get out of...
  10. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...