Windows 10: Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

Discus and support Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tangodream, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting really annoying have this box pop up over and over asking me to sign in. I don't even have a microphone attached to my PC. I've read how to go into the registry to get rid of Cortana, but I'm not sure if that is safe and I can't believe there isn't an easier option to stop this annoying behavior. Thank you.

:)

tangodream, Jun 15, 2021

2. Can't sign-in to Cortana

We're glad to hear that you were now able to sign-in to Cortana. Regarding the issue with Cortana that doesn't respond to you sometimes, you may try the steps listed on this
    link.

If the issue persists, you can proceed to the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

Cortana sign in

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• Can you give the exact steps that lead to this happening?

• Is this when you try to sign in to Cortana for the first time and when you sign in with an MSA?

• Are you able to sign in to your Microsoft account from places other than Cortana?
    Cortana is the inbuilt app which comes in Windows 10 and Windows Phone. In order to use Cortana app, you need to sign in to Microsoft account so that we can use Cortana.

Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

1. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In - Similar Threads - Stop Cortana Asking

2. Cortana keep asking me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  3. stop pc from asking me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop pc from asking me to change my password: I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and they seemed to sign in by creating their own account. I thought i deleted it although im not sure that has anything to do...
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  5. Factory reset but it’s asking me to sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset but it’s asking me to sign in: I factory reset my pc but now it’s asking me to sign in. I don’t understand. Shouldn’t it have wiped out all users and start by me creating a new user? I can’t log in to the computer as I don’t have the information to. What do I do? submitted by /u/Wooplez [link]...
  6. How to stop Cortana from asking this out loud?

in Cortana
    How to stop Cortana from asking this out loud?: "I can learn to understand you better if I get familiar with the way you talk. I need your permission to help". Click on the Cortana circle and it speaks out loud to my non-mic'ed PC. I can't make this go away after the 1903 update. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH SOME OFF THE...
  7. cortana requires me to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cortana requires me to sign in: When I try to use cortana it says I need to sign in but I am already signed in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-requires-me-to-sign-in/fabfbd86-e0a2-4b0a-83b0-0fbf34fdab2f"
  8. How do I stop one Drive from popping up and asking me to sign in then trying to get me to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop one Drive from popping up and asking me to sign in then trying to get me to...: How do I stop one Drive from popping up and asking me to sign in then trying to get me to start office365 trial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-one-drive-from-popping-up-and-asking/21974b4e-0f72-4316-b0ce-02f125ea5a3d
  9. Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!: I know there are many suggestions in the tutorials but none seem to work so far. I have 2 DeskTop systems and the one I just built keeps asking me to setup a OneDrive account. Both systems have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro so I have no idea what this new system has that is set...
  10. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in to cortana keeps popping up

2. windows 10 cortana keeps prompting login