Windows 10: stop defender from auto deleting files

Discus and support stop defender from auto deleting files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I make defender ask before deleting files it thinks are viruses? I have some files that I know are good. I have been using them for years.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cbotari, May 27, 2020.

1. cbotari Win User

stop defender from auto deleting files

How do I make defender ask before deleting files it thinks are viruses? I have some files that I know are good. I have been using them for years. Defender keeps deleting them without asking me.

:)

cbotari, May 27, 2020

2. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

stop defender from auto deleting files 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 27, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 27, 2020
  4. ALN
    ALN Win User

Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up

Steve. Thanks for the info! Since re-setting the Options in FH seems to have fixed it, I plan to leave well enough alone. But will definitely try your suggestion if it quits working again.

On a more general question: Is there a better Auto Backup application than File History? I don't care about historical versions of any files - only current version in case my hard drive fails. I prefer it to be on my external hard drive (not cloud), and free is always good!

Thema:

1. stop defender from auto deleting files - Similar Threads - stop defender auto

2. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are getting auto deleted: It's win 10.Even if I am not touching the computer and standing meters away from it, all of a sudden files start getting deleted. I have to restore them from Recycle Bin. And if there is a Word file open, the words I have typed start getting deleted. It looks as if some ghost...
  3. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are getting auto deleted: It's win 10.Even if I am not touching the computer and standing meters away from it, all of a sudden files start getting deleted. I have to restore them from Recycle Bin. And if there is a Word file open, the words I have typed start getting deleted. It looks as if some ghost...
  4. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to stop Windows Defender from performing auto scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am trying to stop Windows Defender from performing auto scans: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v. 20H2 I want to stop Windows Defender from performing any automatic scans, while still leaving Real-Time Protection enabled. This was an option in Windows 7 but I cannot find out how to do it in Windows 10. After much searching, I still have not found...
  6. Defender Real-Time protection, stop deleting files?

Defender Real-Time protection, stop deleting files?: I have this folder with files and every time I use these files, real-time protections is turned back on (automatically) after a couple minutes or hours and then later when ONLY I run the file, it'll delete what's it deems "necessary" and then I have to go deep into the...
  7. To stop Windows defender from auto scans

To stop Windows defender from auto scans: Any way to stop WD from doing periodical auto scans ? 152317
  8. Stop Windows Defender from deleting any files automatically

Stop Windows Defender from deleting any files automatically: I've discovered today on two computers that Windows Defender has deleted the installed application "Process Hacker" without my authorisation. The program file was simply gone today. Killed without a trace, including the scheduled task that starts it at boot, not to be found...
  9. Does Defender AUTO DELETE and then forget to tell you?

Does Defender AUTO DELETE and then forget to tell you?: I have a new mini pc. Updated it and Defender found a virus. But when I got to delete it the system doesn't show it anywhere. Does Defender AUTO DELETE and then forget to tell you? [img] When I clicked OK did it erase it then? Because I did a full scan afterwards and got...
  10. Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: "Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - How to Stop Windows Auto Deleting the Thumbnail Cache" Updated June 2018 "Revised" I will first explain in a nut shell what I have did in this order to stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted. But, it might be possible to just take...