Windows 10: Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

Discus and support Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I keep the desktop from being backed up to OneDrive? [Original Title: OneDrive]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryEnoch, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

How can I keep the desktop from being backed up to OneDrive?

[Original Title: OneDrive]

:)

JerryEnoch, Apr 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 23, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops

The correct way to stop desktop syncing is to go to the OneDrive settings >
    Backup tab > Manage Backup > Stop Backup
    of the Desktop.

CraigLong, Apr 23, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

1. Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Stop Desktop Backup

2. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  3. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  4. onedrive backup

onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  5. Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive: Every time there is a major Windows 11 update I get the setup screen after the reboot. First it asks me to hook up my Android phone, which I can skip. Then it goes to OneDrive Sync and there is no option to skip it. I can't say no, the only option is to accept it. Then it...
  6. Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive

Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive: Every time there is a major Windows 11 update I get the setup screen after the reboot. First it asks me to hook up my Android phone, which I can skip. Then it goes to OneDrive Sync and there is no option to skip it. I can't say no, the only option is to accept it. Then it...
  7. Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive.: [ATTACH] Unable to backup Desktop to Onedrive. How to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-backup-desktop-to-onedrive/4d0a202d-16ab-47f5-8bf5-fa19fe9b51bd
  8. OneDrive Desktop backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Desktop backup: My new laptop has onedrive desktop backup activated. If I turn it off, will I be able to reuse it in the future or is this a one time decision? submitted by /u/wait-_what [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1dvzr/onedrive_desktop_backup/
  9. OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?: OneDrive has added a great feature - backing up my desktop items to the cloud. Only problem - I use two different copies of Windows - one at work and one at home. I *want* to keep separate copies of each desktop, but OD wants to mash 'em together in the cloud! Any...
  10. Backup and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"