Windows 10: Stop Dimming

Discus and support Stop Dimming in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just a wee reminder which applies to both Win10 AND Win11. To stop dimming when a having an Admin Approval prompt for a desired Action:Put Change User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Stop Dimming

Just a wee reminder which applies to both Win10 AND Win11. To stop dimming when a having an Admin Approval prompt for a desired ActionStop Dimming :put Change User Account Control Settings in Search & move the slider down one position.Cheers,Drew

:)

Drew1903, Sep 29, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Fool Win User

Stop Dimming

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Thema:

Stop Dimming

1. Stop Dimming - Similar Threads - Stop Dimming

2. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  3. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  4. New laptop a Christmas. LG Screen Dims every 20 min. How can I stop this. Thank You

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop a Christmas. LG Screen Dims every 20 min. How can I stop this. Thank You: my screen DIMS every 20 min, how do I stop this. Part two I got a New laptop and want to change my Registration to my NEW one. How do I do that. Thank You...
  5. New laptop a Christmas. LG Screen Dims every 20 min. How can I stop this. Thank You

New laptop a Christmas. LG Screen Dims every 20 min. How can I stop this. Thank You: my screen DIMS every 20 min, how do I stop this. Part two I got a New laptop and want to change my Registration to my NEW one. How do I do that. Thank You...
  6. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...
  7. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...
  8. how can i stop my screen from dimming? i've tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i stop my screen from dimming? i've tried everything: I have tried everything to stop my screen from dimming. i've turned off the battery saving settings and the settings that change based on the amount of light. i've turned off the night light. i have the latest graphics card drivers installed. i have tried literally everything...
  9. how can i stop my screen from dimming? i've tried everything

how can i stop my screen from dimming? i've tried everything: I have tried everything to stop my screen from dimming. i've turned off the battery saving settings and the settings that change based on the amount of light. i've turned off the night light. i have the latest graphics card drivers installed. i have tried literally everything...
  10. How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?

How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?: My Gigabyte laptop dims to the lowest brightness at 35% on battery power, but there is no setting to turn this off. How do I stop this from happening?Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%. This slightly dims the display, but not to the lowest setting.There is nothing about...