Windows 10: Stop Driver Auto-Installation

Discus and support Stop Driver Auto-Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to know how to prevent Windows from installing and updating drivers on my laptop. Windows keeps updating my graphic card driver to latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PlazmaBusta, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Stop Driver Auto-Installation

Hi, I want to know how to prevent Windows from installing and updating drivers on my laptop. Windows keeps updating my graphic card driver to latest version and that said driver is problematic. I also try to uninstall the driver but Windows always install the driver again.

:)

PlazmaBusta, Dec 22, 2019

2. Vista auto driver installation?

Anyone know how to disable vista from auto installing graphic/media adapters. I'm running vista x64, this is actually a problem for my tv/video tuner card. But Vista auto installs its drivers not allowing me to install the official manufacturer drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

NamesDontMatter, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Fox34 Win User

Stop Driver Auto-Installation

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Stop Driver Auto-Installation

1. Stop Driver Auto-Installation - Similar Threads - Stop Driver Auto

2. HDMI driver not auto installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI driver not auto installing: Was having issues with audio playing but the video falling behind so I followed the steps on the Microsoft website to uninstall drivers and then restart the computer, and now the audio driver for the tv through hdmi just will not install whatsoever...
  3. HDMI driver not auto installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI driver not auto installing: Was having issues with audio playing but the video falling behind so I followed the steps on the Microsoft website to uninstall drivers and then restart the computer, and now the audio driver for the tv through hdmi just will not install whatsoever...
  4. Stop Macabus from auto-installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Macabus from auto-installing.: Hi,How can I stop Macabus from auto-installing?I've already deleted the Program File but this pops-up when I open Word or Excel.Hope you can help me.Thanks in advance!...
  5. Stop Macabus from auto-installing.

Stop Macabus from auto-installing.: Hi,How can I stop Macabus from auto-installing?I've already deleted the Program File but this pops-up when I open Word or Excel.Hope you can help me.Thanks in advance!...
  6. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop: So I have followed the guide to stop windows 10 automatically installing drivers, yet it still seems to be updating drivers on my laptop, turned the setting off instantly but it still installs them, and makes my laptop really sluggish and freezing, worked fine before they...
  7. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop: So I have followed the guide to stop windows 10 automatically installing drivers, yet it still seems to be updating drivers on my laptop, turned the setting off instantly but it still installs them, and makes my laptop really sluggish and freezing, worked fine before they...
  8. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. auto install old intel driver 27.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx and i can't stop it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto install old intel driver 27.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx and i can't stop it: windows 10 20h1 , lenovo yoga 7 , nuc 11 pro i5 with v pro etc ........ Is there any way to stop it to install stupid old drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-install-old-intel-driver-27xxxxxxxxxxxx-and-i/a3f58d04-5109-4f86-97df-e95096f753e6
  10. How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?: Hello, I am on build Win 10 Home 1909. 1 I would like to know how I can stop Windows from automatically downloading and installing all device drivers through Windows Update. 2 I would also like to know how to stop Windows from downloading and installing any future...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop nvidia driver updates