Windows 10: Stop Edge from deactivating IDM extension everytime browser closes.

Discus and support Stop Edge from deactivating IDM extension everytime browser closes. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time I start Edge I it deactivates the IDM extension. Anyway to stop Edge from deactivating the extension? Once turned on it partially works but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Manigue, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Manigue Win User

Stop Edge from deactivating IDM extension everytime browser closes.

Every time I start Edge I it deactivates the IDM extension. Anyway to stop Edge from deactivating the extension? Once turned on it partially works but remains On as long as the browser session is opened.

The other issue is that all downloads are always done by Edge vs. IDM even when IDM is set to download all files from browser.

:)

Manigue, Aug 20, 2017

2. Issue updating Chrome browser integration module of Internet Download Manager

Hello,

Since the OS of my PC was upgraded to windows 10 last August 15, Chrome browser integration module of Internet Download Manager can no longer be updated.

After every update of IDM the PC must be rebooted in order for the old .dll files and IDM Chrome browser integration module IDMGCExt.crx to be removed and replaced by the new ones. Unfortunately it doesn’t work so on my PC.

Always after updating IDM I immediately reboot the PC as required. But when I open IDM folder on my hard drive after rebooting, only the older .dll files and IDMGCExt.crx (IDM integration module 6.23.15 on my hard drive) are displayed.

Exempli gratia: The last IDM update yielded the latest version as 6.23 built 25.

So I removed IDM 6.23.15 from Chrome Extensions page, then, after completing update process and rebooting the PC, dragged and dropped what should be the new IDMGCExt.crx on Chrome Extensions page and clicked on the button “Add Extension”.
    To my disappointment, it’s the older Chrome integration module 6.23.15 that appeared again.

How can this problem be solved?

Thank you.

EM

EugeneMeda, Aug 20, 2017
  3. IDM is not working on Micorsoft Edge to download any video file

IDM is not downloading any video file from playit.pk and other site in microsoft edge while IDM is enable for Microsoft Edge

waqasQadir, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Just a question: Is this the program: IDM at DuckDuckGo

Your Subject and the first line of the text are in disagreement.

What I see on Internet Download Manager - Download does not mention Win10, seems to be for Win95 through Win8. I haven't had any luck with it on Win10 64-bit.

Berton, Aug 20, 2017
  5. Manigue Win User
    IDM is the Internet Download Manager application. Version 6.28 found at their site here (Internet Download Manager: the fastest download accelerator) works fine with Windows 10. It also works with Edge on many sites such as News web sites, YouTube, and video tutorials on many sites. I have been using it with Windows 10 64 bits for several years, but with Firefox. Do to Firefox upcoming changes in November I decided to give Edge a try and put FF aside.

This IDM extension comes from Microsoft's App Store. It is one of the few extensions written for Edge.

As shown on the image on post #1, every time I start Edge browser, it is de-activated.

Manigue, Aug 21, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. According to your link it doesn't look like it works with Edge for it's not listed. IE is listed. Neither can I find it in extensions within the Store. This is what's listed.

Stop Edge from deactivating IDM extension everytime browser closes. [​IMG]

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop Edge from deactivating IDM extension everytime browser closes. - Similar Threads - Stop Edge deactivating

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension: hi i have some problems with microsoft edge. it keeps crashing because of a browser extensionthe browser extension is something called "wRuleTest" idk what is this extension.but i something found in the C:\ProgramData. The folder is something called "Dvpjvm"at first i have no...
  4. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?: [ATTACH]Now that the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine is rolling out, you may find some of the extensions missing after the upgrade […] This post Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge: We are thrilled to announce that the webhint browser extension has moved from beta to its v1 release and is now available for Insider builds of Microsoft Edge, as well as for Chrome and Firefox! The webhint browser extension allows you to easily scan a website and get...
  6. myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge: myTube is a very popular but unofficial YouTube application developed for Windows 10 users. myTube is built on Microsoft Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and offers all the features available in the official YouTube application developed by Google. The myTube application has...
  7. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

in Browsers and Email
    ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension: I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at...
  8. Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC

in Browsers and Email
    Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC: I am unable to add extensions to Edge browser on my Desktop PC. When I go to the windows store, from Edge, in order to add them - none are shown. I also have a tablet running Windows 10, and was able to add them just fine on the tablet. Any ideas what might be going...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idm extention keeps deactivating