Windows 10: Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab

Discus and support Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I actually found the same question from 4.5 years ago without any comments. It's really annoying, as the other Redditor commented. Is there a trick to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/if_it_is_in_a, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab

I actually found the same question from 4.5 years ago without any comments. It's really annoying, as the other Redditor commented.

Is there a trick to disable this?

submitted by /u/if_it_is_in_a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/if_it_is_in_a, Feb 12, 2020

2. Always close all tabs??

Hi,

Follow the steps to get Edge browser to display the "Wish to close all tabs"

• Click Windows Start.
    • Type Regedit.
    • Click Edit Menu.
    • Click Find
    • Type “AskToCloseAllTabs“.
    • Right Click and Choose Modify
    • Change the value from '0' to '1'
    • Close Regedit

Restart Edge, and check if it now displays the option back.

Vinod Archak, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge ends (stops & closes)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Did you clean your cookies and history in Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you get any error message while loading the web pages?
    Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN".
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Sonny1st Win User

Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab

Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying occurrence?

Thanks

Sonny1st, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab

1. Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab - Similar Threads - Stop edge existing

2. Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?: Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open - - - Updated - - - In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects...
  3. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  4. prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

in Browsers and Email
    prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close: Hi, I have some site installed as apps, amazon prime for example, really useful. But when I close edge opened web apps close too. I already change "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" to "On", but nothing change. Is it a known problem, Is there...
  5. Edge Browser Closes When Attempting To Share Tab In Live Stream

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Closes When Attempting To Share Tab In Live Stream: Hello, I recently purchased a PC running Windows 10 Pro with an Intel Core i5 processor and 16GB RAM for better streaming quality. However, whenever I attempt to share a browser tab during my live stream, the entire browser simply closes. I use Restream.io and have been in...
  6. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  7. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  8. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  9. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop closing edge on last tab

2. dont cose edge browser on last tab

3. microsoft edge dont close window with last tab open