Windows 10: Stop force feeding me broken updates!

Discus and support Stop force feeding me broken updates! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a popup on my PC...please choose a time to update. I clicked it away, wanting to wait. Fast forward 24 hours, I get home from work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FormandenGamer, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Stop force feeding me broken updates!

I recently got a popup on my PC...please choose a time to update.
    I clicked it away, wanting to wait.
    Fast forward 24 hours, I get home from work. Windows is updating. Now I had a long day, I wanted a bit of downtime...and boy did I get it. 4 hours of update!
    Now...update complete, no problems, right?
    Not really...my PC usually starts in 30-40 seconds. Now the boottime is about 6 minutes, and even after that the harddrive is forever ticking away.
    It also reset drivers for my Logitech headset, my Logigech racing wheel and my Logitech mouse. All keybindings on the latter two, are gone.
    But I'll just put those back myself, I mean I really wanted this update, right?!

I understand the need to update software, especially OS.
    What I don't understand is...why must you mess with my settings?
    Why must you decide what I actually want my machine to be like?

If someone took your car away in the middle of the night, painted it blue and removed 16 horsepower...how would you feel about it? Pretty good, right?
    Even if they installed a handy dandy cupholder on the roof that the project manager thought would look really snassy!

STOP FORCE FEEDING ME UPDATES! I bought your product, the least you can give me is the power to choose when to update it!

:)

FormandenGamer, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Larry42 Win User

RSS Feeds Stopped Updating

My RSS feeds abruptly stopped updating. I can right click and "Refresh All" and they do update, but just that one time. Msfeedssync enable does not cause the feeds to update. Deleting my old feeds and reimporting feeds.opml results in a one time update. I looked in Task Scheduler library, but didn't see any task that looked like it was related to RSS feeds.

Anybody got suggestions for me to get my feeds updating automatically again?

Larry42, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Stop force feeding me broken updates!

N97 Homescreen feeds missing

Pilsner -

Naw you dont need pipes or anything...

1. Add your feed in the web browser Go to Web feeds > Add new feed.

2. once the feed is added you should see it in the list 'widgets' for the home screen. SO if in step one you called your feed R2D2, then in step two you should see R2D2 in the home screen widget list (it won't be labeled 'feed' or anything obvious, just
    the name you gave it).

Hope that helps.

rasmus---01, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Stop force feeding me broken updates!

1. Stop force feeding me broken updates! - Similar Threads - Stop force feeding

2. damned auto-update being forced on me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    damned auto-update being forced on me: For the past 3 days when I shut my computer down for the night, it does a restart and update (different update every time). How do I turn these damned updates OFF. I spend all my time dealing with updates, I don't get anything done! If I get a new computer, guess what OS I...
  3. How to stop forced updates

How to stop forced updates: How do I stop microsoft from forcing updates unto my pc because I had 212 gb of storage and now I have only less than 50 gb left. I want to sue them severely for forcing their stupid updates on me because it's piss in me of. If they don't stop I will find someway to sue...
  4. Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crash forcing me to power off PC has broken it!: Opened Firefox and my PC crashed (no task manager etc). Turn on next morning, get “Preparing for Automatic Repair” and then black screen. Tried Windows Recovery USB and it’s just the Windows Logo and then a black screen again. I’m at a complete loss. One thing not being...
  5. microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant: while i was watching some youtube i left my laptop for a minute and update assistant poped up on my screen and i said i restarted to update it and it updated i go back to 1709 and the assistant is back i uninstalling it but reinstalling again whatever im trying to do to...
  6. The last forced update took me down for two weeks - stop with the forced updates - for the...

The last forced update took me down for two weeks - stop with the forced updates - for the...: How do I disable Microsoft Windows 10 FORCED Updates? This is killing me. I CANNOT AFFORD TO BE DOWN FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS!!!...
  7. RSS Feeds Stopped Updating

in Browsers and Email
    RSS Feeds Stopped Updating: My RSS feeds abruptly stopped updating. I can right click and "Refresh All" and they do update, but just that one time. Msfeedssync enable does not cause the feeds to update. Deleting my old feeds and reimporting feeds.opml results in a one time update. I looked in Task...
  8. Is there a way to stop forced update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to stop forced update?: After the last forced update, my office 2010 did not work. I reverted back, and all is fine, but no matter what I do, the update automatically starts again. Since this one is a security update, I can’t stop it from happening. The only thing I have been able to do to stop...
  9. Can I STOP Forced Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I STOP Forced Update?: Before you say I should read the tutorials, I already did. *Wink I have made the changes to only notify me of updates...like the Tuesday ones. It does do this, but I wait a few days to download and install them to be sure there are no issues reported. Here is what happens...
  10. Almost FORCED to upgrade 7 to 10 ??? NO!!! Help me stop this!!!

Almost FORCED to upgrade 7 to 10 ??? NO!!! Help me stop this!!!: In my Win 7 Pro 64-bit, I just saw the following entry in Windows Logs - System: "Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on ‎Saturday, ‎August ‎29, ‎2015 at 5:32...