Windows 10: Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Discus and support Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft, Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE IT, so stop forcing me to use one every single time I reboot my PC or every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyB83, Apr 27, 2019.

1. TonyB83 Win User

Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Microsoft,

Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE IT, so stop forcing me to use one every single time I reboot my PC or every few times.

How can I stop this from happening permanently its very very very annoying. I only want to use a password.

:)

TonyB83, Apr 27, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 27, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

1. Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. - Similar Threads - Stop forcing dang

2. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  3. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.: Both our laptop and desktop can not handle the windows 11 upgrade. What can we do to permanently stop Microsoft from, forcing this automatic upgrade upon us? The last time this happened it fried all of our computers. Please help, we can't afford new computers and our...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.

Windows 11 Upgrade being forced upon us Is there anyway to stop it.: Both our laptop and desktop can not handle the windows 11 upgrade. What can we do to permanently stop Microsoft from, forcing this automatic upgrade upon us? The last time this happened it fried all of our computers. Please help, we can't afford new computers and our...
  6. DANG!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DANG!!: Dude ,I went to the Minecraft site using fully updated windows 11 on surface laptop 4 and it will install but not work and it will tell me the Check Your Account error. I LITTERLY NEED HELP!!...
  7. DANG!!

DANG!!: Dude ,I went to the Minecraft site using fully updated windows 11 on surface laptop 4 and it will install but not work and it will tell me the Check Your Account error. I LITTERLY NEED HELP!!...
  8. STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10: STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL UPDATES TO WINDOWS 10 STOP FORCING US TO INSTALL...
  9. Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us: Always, while right in the middle of trying to get something done, and for whatever reason need to reboot. Sure enough, there's Windows telling me it's going update. Who knows how long that will take and what kind of problems it will cause. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft. It makes...
  10. Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I...