Windows 10: Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

Discus and support Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode. I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reemi12, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Reemi12 Win User

Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

Hello,
    My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode.
    I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install without losing my app, files and settings.
    When running the Windows 10 Setup, all the options are greyed out apart from "Nothing" where I will lose everything
    Any ideas?

Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds [​IMG]

:)

Reemi12, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows insider build has expired....

Only Dev channel builds has this expire date and you can't opt-out and get released version just

by setting 'Stop getting preview builds' to On. You are still getting previews until next version is released, but that will never happen in Dev channel.

To get latest build check first that you have Dev channel selected in insider settings.

IMPORTANT!! Please read for information and guidance on builds expiring.

Pauli O, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Hi Cosmin,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Windows 10X Insider builds haven't released to public yet. There are speculations that it would be soon.

However, Windows 10 builds have moved to rs_prerelease branch recently in the Dev channel.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 10, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Getting out of the Insider Program

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check.

• Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’.
    • Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’.
    • Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds - Similar Threads - Stop getting Insider

2. Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?: I am using the Microsoft Surface X and recently read about the ARM64 emulator in the Dev Channel. I joined the Insider Program, however they have since December released another build - 21292. (I want 21277). The reason I don't want 21292 is because reports say it breaks the...
  3. Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build: Hi, I've asked for help about this problem a few months ago. Nothing really helped. I have this problem since about 3-4 Months now. When I try to install The Dev Channel since version 195 restarts and then just errors out, restarts into the old OS and shows an error...
  4. New Start menu is not there in my windows insider preview Dev Channel

New Start menu is not there in my windows insider preview Dev Channel: I had updated my Windows to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 2004 20221.1000 build with the help of the Windows Insider Program. I was expecting to get the new version windows 10 start menu. But It is not just there. I have tried fixing it in "Personalize". And I couldn't go...
  5. What is new in Windows 10 Insider Builds (RS_PRELEASE) for Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 Insider Builds (RS_PRELEASE) for Dev Channel: The Changelog shows everything new from all the builds from the active development branch (RS_PRELEASE) released to the Dev Channel. Builds in this article: Build 20197 Build 20190 Build 20185 Build 20180 Build 20175 Build 20170 Build 20161 Build 20152 Build 20150 Build...
  6. Windows insider beta or dev

Windows insider beta or dev: Should I be using the beta or the dev ring on my main pc, I only use it to game nothing important is on it and what is the major differences between the two submitted by /u/johnp1040 [link] [comments]...
  7. Explore and validate Windows 10 builds with Windows Insider Channels

in Windows 10 News
    Explore and validate Windows 10 builds with Windows Insider Channels: On June 15, 2020, Windows introduced Windows Insider Channels, which change the way we release new builds to all Windows Insiders. We are converting our current ring model, based on the frequency of builds, to a new channel model that pivots on the quality of builds and will...
  8. Windows 10 Dev Channel

Windows 10 Dev Channel: I had just changed from the Windows 10 Beta to Windows 10 Dev Channel. When my computer updated it said Non-System Strike Key Error. And now it always says it when it boots . Can somebody please help....
  9. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel: Hello Windows 10X Was Released on Dev Channel Please to RTM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x-release-of-dev-channel/ca1a0d18-b4ea-47b8-815e-1df1a1729254
  10. Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?: I recently built a new PC for software development purposes. Originally it was going to be a Linux box, but I can't decide on a distro. I saw this article today: [link] which shows they are making major progress on getting the GPU integration with WSL working - it sounds like...