Windows 10: Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

Discus and support Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode. I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Reemi12, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Reemi12 Win User

Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

Hello,
    My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode.
    I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install without losing my app, files and settings.
    When running the Windows 10 Setup, all the options are greyed out apart from "Nothing" where I will lose everything
    Any ideas?

Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds [​IMG]

:)

Reemi12, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows insider build has expired....

Only Dev channel builds has this expire date and you can't opt-out and get released version just

by setting 'Stop getting preview builds' to On. You are still getting previews until next version is released, but that will never happen in Dev channel.

To get latest build check first that you have Dev channel selected in insider settings.

IMPORTANT!! Please read for information and guidance on builds expiring.

Pauli O, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10X Release of Dev Channel

Hi Cosmin,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Windows 10X Insider builds haven't released to public yet. There are speculations that it would be soon.

However, Windows 10 builds have moved to rs_prerelease branch recently in the Dev channel.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 10, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Getting out of the Insider Program

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check.

• Open the Settings app, hit ‘Update & security’.
    • Under Windows Update, hit ‘Advanced options’.
    • Then, under ‘Get Insider builds’, press the ‘Stop Insider Builds’ button.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds - Similar Threads - Stop getting Insider

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  3. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  4. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 has been released to the Dev and Beta Channels. It adds some new features to the Media Player app, Windows Spotlight, and fixes a number of bugs. [ATTACH] Media Player The Media Player app in Windows 11 supports 2 views in the artist...
  6. Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22526 to the Developer Channel. Let's see what the first Insider Preview of 2022 brings. [ATTACH] The announcement article mentions that the company is testing a windowed mode for Alt + Tab. The feature is only available for some...
  7. I can't stop getting updates of windows 11 dev channel insider previews updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't stop getting updates of windows 11 dev channel insider previews updates: I almost leave insider preview updates on the dev channel. But still, I got same updates of insider preview builds. What do I do to stop these insider preview updates...I restart pc once I leave the windows insider program...I repeat that process many times but it's still...
  8. Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...: Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to users to test before the free upgrade lands this holiday season. An ISO for this update has not been released, and the announcement post doesn't mention if an image will be made available. [ATTACH] The...
  9. Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?: I am using the Microsoft Surface X and recently read about the ARM64 emulator in the Dev Channel. I joined the Insider Program, however they have since December released another build - 21292. (I want 21277). The reason I don't want 21292 is because reports say it breaks the...
  10. What is new in Windows 10 Insider Builds (RS_PRELEASE) for Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 Insider Builds (RS_PRELEASE) for Dev Channel: The Changelog shows everything new from all the builds from the active development branch (RS_PRELEASE) released to the Dev Channel. Builds in this article: Build 20197 Build 20190 Build 20185 Build 20180 Build 20175 Build 20170 Build 20161 Build 20152 Build 20150 Build...