Windows 10: Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail

Discus and support Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 & check my email through the Vivaldi browser. When I get emails, they always have some sort of Label: Social, Updates, Forums or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CJW, Dec 13, 2020.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail

I am using Windows 10 & check my email through the Vivaldi browser.
    When I get emails, they always have some sort of Label: Social, Updates, Forums or Promotions.
    I'd like to stop having my emails labeled.

I've gone through these steps:
    • Logged into my Gmail account through my browser
    • Clicked the gear icon in the upper right & chose "See All Settings"
    • Clicked on the 'Inbox' tab
    • In the 'Importance Markers' section,
      I selected 'No markers' & 'Use my past actions to predict which messages are important to me'
    • In the 'Filtered Mail' section,
      I selected 'Don't override filters'
    • I then clicked 'Save Changes'
    But emails still arrive w/a label attached to them. Am I missing/doing something wrong?

:)

2. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail.
    This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below.

Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail [​IMG]

How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such filter. Help me please.

My Win 10 version is 1909.

onlytanmoy, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Dec 13, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail - Similar Threads - Stop Gmail labeling

2. Labels Missing From Gmail Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Labels Missing From Gmail Account: I had my Mac serviced at Best Buy Geek Squad three weeks ago. When I got it back and reactivated my Gmail account, all of my "labels" were missing and I cannot find how to retrieve them Please help....
  3. Labels Missing From Gmail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Labels Missing From Gmail Account: I had my Mac serviced at Best Buy Geek Squad three weeks ago. When I got it back and reactivated my Gmail account, all of my "labels" were missing and I cannot find how to retrieve them Please help....
  4. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  5. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  6. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  7. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  8. No incoming Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    No incoming Gmail: Why is my Inbox Gmail not recieving emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-gmail/59fe20eb-6965-4c4b-96ad-31567eba72af
  9. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...
  10. Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail App- Gmail applying Archive label to all mails: I am using Win 10 mail app to access my gmail. This recently started happening, I can see all my mails appearing twice - please see below. [img] How do I get rid of the one with the 'Archive' label for current ones as well as future? I remember not setting up any such...