Windows 10: Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

Discus and support Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Thelps, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet.

To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened.

Is there a way to force Google Chrome to only use one port or to specify a restricted range of ports for it to cycle through?

:)

Thelps, Jul 16, 2018

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

1. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports? - Similar Threads - Stop Google Chrome

2. Cycling internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cycling internet connection: I am new to windows 11, my problem is when my pc is connected to Wi-Fi yes I have checked router and internet service. Other devices connected to the same network have absolutely no connection issues the computer has a strong connection to the Wi-Fi but the internet...
  3. Cycling internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cycling internet connection: I am new to windows 11, my problem is when my pc is connected to Wi-Fi yes I have checked router and internet service. Other devices connected to the same network have absolutely no connection issues the computer has a strong connection to the Wi-Fi but the internet...
  4. New Google Chrome release cycle every 4 weeks starting with Chrome 94

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome release cycle every 4 weeks starting with Chrome 94: For more than a decade, Chrome has shipped a new milestone every 6 weeks, delivering security, stability, speed and simplicity to our users and the web. As we have improved our testing and release processes for Chrome, and deployed bi-weekly security updates to improve our...
  5. How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles: I have a logitech mouse and keyboard combo that is very sensitive to background cpu usage. Google/Chrome ads are particularly infamous for this, at least in a couple sites that I visit pretty much every day. I don't have any problem with Google making money from ads, but when...
  6. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  7. Acces of the internet through Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acces of the internet through Google Chrome: I'm unable to access the internet as an error message pops up as follows "C/Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe". It says that my "side-by-side configuration is incorrect". How do I go about fixing this problem?...
  8. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  9. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?: I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened. Is there a...
  10. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer: Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer as World’s Top Browser New data shows that IE is losing users very fast [img] The latest set of browser market share figures provided by Net Applications indicate that Microsoft’s strategy of replacing Internet...