Windows 10: Stop Graphics Driver Updates

Discus and support Stop Graphics Driver Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home. Within the last month or so, my graphics driver software has been automatically updating itself every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a18lkr, Jul 3, 2019.

1. a18lkr Win User

Stop Graphics Driver Updates

My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home. Within the last month or so, my graphics driver software has been automatically updating itself every single day, to a version that is incompatible with my current hardware. I have had this laptop since January, and did not encounter this issue until early June. Every day, I have to uninstall the incorrect drivers and reinstall the correct ones, that is until the 5 AM automatic update checks roll around and update the software. I have disabled automatic update checks through the system menu, I have gone into the registry to try and change the settings, and uninstalled and reinstalled the proper software countless times. Is there anything else I can do to save myself the time and hassle of this daily process?

:)

a18lkr, Jul 3, 2019
  2. StefanM Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

There is a workaround i'm using successfuly since 2 months described at Guru3D
    I suggest to create a system restore point before using it.

In your case you have to replace the title with "AMD*" of course.

StefanM, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 3, 2019
  4. Stop Graphics Driver Updates

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Stop Graphics Driver Updates

1. Stop Graphics Driver Updates - Similar Threads - Stop Graphics Driver

2. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  3. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  4. graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic driver update: I'm asked to update graphic drivers with "OPENGL3.1 or higher" in order to run zwift app on my PC. However, I'm struggling to find something to install which fits my Window 10. Can you give advise? Best regards Rune...
  5. Graphics driver update

Graphics driver update: Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an AMD driver. Is it possible to prevent windows update from changing my driver version?...
  6. Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !: It is nightmare ! I have two NVIDIA graphics cards and work with 4 displays/monitors: 1. GeForce GTX 1060 2. GeForce 605 Unfortunately older GF 605 is not supported at letest Nvidia drivers, while 1060 is. So I just keep a bit older drivers, so both cards supported and...
  7. Unable to update graphics driver

Unable to update graphics driver: Hi. I am facing a problem where I am trying to update my Intel g41 express chipset driver and the latest version which supports this graphics is 15.17.19.64.2869 but in windows 10 it keeps on saying my computer does not meet minimum system requirements even though it supports...
  8. graphics driver update

graphics driver update: how do I update my graphics driver on windows 10 64 base acer laptop so I can run droid4x https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-update/7075e66a-5332-468e-8300-225647cb510d
  9. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277
  10. Graphics driver randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics driver randomly stops working.: Sometimes my graphics driver will stop working. A restart will usually fix it, but it is inconvenient. This never happened until I installed a fresh Windows install onto my new SSD (Upgraded from HDD). Before that, I had no trouble. Currently using NVIDIA driver version...