Windows 10: STOP Graphics tablet pen selecting letters and dragging them when I try to write

Discus and support STOP Graphics tablet pen selecting letters and dragging them when I try to write in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I upgraded my pc my graphics tablet pen seems to function under the same settings as my mouse. It's quite an old graphics tablet but I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by linzbfc2, Oct 2, 2018.

1. linzbfc2 Win User

STOP Graphics tablet pen selecting letters and dragging them when I try to write

Since I upgraded my pc my graphics tablet pen seems to function under the same settings as my mouse. It's quite an old graphics tablet but I don't have the money to keep buying new things when I don't need to.

It used to work OK with Windows 10 on my old pc.

I use a whiteboard to teach maths online. When I am writing the pen selects the letter I just wrote sometimes and starts moving it. I can work round this but I'd rather not have to.

It there a way to stop a mouse selecting something when it is hovering over it ? I've found solutions for touchpads but I am using a desktop pc.

:)

linzbfc2, Oct 2, 2018

2. Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a graphics tablet with windows 10 and encountering some really infuriating problems. It seems like windows 10 ignores the input from the tablet when doing a 'click and drag' until the tablet pen is moved out of an initial radius, at which
    point it then acknowledges the input. This doesn't really matter when dragging files and folders, but unfortunately many 3D design applications I use are mostly based on effectively clicking and dragging.

Somehow, some art applications are fine, like paint/photoshop/sketchbook pro - they all behave as expected, and immediately respond to any movement of the pen on the tablet.

'Press and hold for right clicking' is disabled in the Pen and Touch settings menu.

I have the latest drivers for the tablet installed and the latest windows updates (Win 10). The tablet is performing perfectly well in windows paint, but has this stupid dead zone on the windows desktop.

It seems like Windows has a functionality to prevent accidentally dragging things around the place, by ignoring the pen input until its dragged a minimum amount, except in 'art' applications where this functionality is automatically disabled. But annoyingly,
    I want this 'feature' to always be disabled however it doesn't seem to be a setting anywhere I can find. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

jumbo_flan, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    pen tablet install error

Hi,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your concern about the pen tablet device. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the Huion 610 Pro stop working?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • How are you re-installing the driver for your Huion 610 Pro? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you're doing it.

Argel Obm, Oct 2, 2018
  4. John Zab Win User

STOP Graphics tablet pen selecting letters and dragging them when I try to write

Issue W/XP-PEN G430 Graphic Tablet and Windows Recognition

Hi Marvi,

To fix the issue regarding with device recognition, we suggest that you try these steps:

Step 1: Uninstall current driver for the Graphic Tablet.

Step 2: Download and install the latest drivers for the Graphic Tablet directly from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. STOP Graphics tablet pen selecting letters and dragging them when I try to write - Similar Threads - STOP Graphics tablet

2. problem with graphic tablet while writing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with graphic tablet while writing: hello there. I need a help to resolve a problem. the problem is, when i try to write anything with my veikk a15 pro graphic tablet on canvas of ms one note , the screen goes black as soon as the pen comes in contact with the graphic tablet. i am a teacher and i teach online....
  3. When writing with pen , a long line appears and writing becomes laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When writing with pen , a long line appears and writing becomes laggy: hi about 2 weeks ago I bought Huion hs 610 drawing tablet .It worked just fine when I was drawing and writing until recently. It works when I draw in windows ink whiteboard but when I want to write something in a textbox as soon as move my pen it draws a long line in...
  4. writing letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    writing letters: New computer, Windows 10--previously used Microsoft Word--this one uses wordpad, unfortunately saves as .rtf file which I then can't open----any ideas (why haven't I got word)...
  5. Graphic's tablet pen not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic's tablet pen not working.: Hello i'm looking to see if someone could help me. I use a UGEE EX05 Drawing tablet for my work and up until yesterday it worked just fine. Then windows updated and now i can't get the pen to work properly. When i used the tablet after the update the Stabilization and pen...
  6. Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?

Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?: Lately I feel like my trusty 5+ year old Pen tablet is finally on the verge of retirement. So I'm thinking of buying a new Pen Display Monitor that with a Screen so that Ican drawing directly on it .Since I used to work on a graphics tablet without a screen. Now I need your...
  7. Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?

Has anyone tried the XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet Graphics display ?: Lately I feel like my trusty 5+ year old Pen tablet is finally on the verge of retirement. So I'm thinking of buying a new Pen Display Monitor that with a Screen so that Ican drawing directly on it .Since I used to work on a graphics tablet without a screen. Now I need your...
  8. Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag: Hi all, I'm trying to use a graphics tablet with windows 10 and encountering some really infuriating problems. It seems like windows 10 ignores the input from the tablet when doing a 'click and drag' until the tablet pen is moved out of an initial radius, at which point it...
  9. Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag

Windows Pen Tablet Click and Drag Lag: Hi all, I'm trying to use a graphics tablet with windows 10 and encountering some really infuriating problems. It seems like windows 10 ignores the input from the tablet when doing a 'click and drag' until the tablet pen is moved out of an initial radius, at which point it...
  10. Graphic Tablet Stopped Working

Graphic Tablet Stopped Working: So, I own an M708 Ugee graphic tablet and I recently decided I wanted to start drawing again to pass some time. I tried using multiple cords for my tablet but with every cord I used, the blue light in between the buttons kept flashing. I don't think anything is wrong with my...