Windows 10: Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

Discus and support Stop hidden taskbar popping up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joiusa11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Joiusa11 Win User

Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

Hi All,
    I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the taskbar when I want not when it thinks I want to.

Thanks

:)

Joiusa11, Apr 27, 2016

2. auto-hide taskbar not working in windows 10

Task bar will not auto-hide and auto-hide is selected in its ‘Properties’?
    If you click the ‘show hidden icons’, allow it to pop-up then move your cursor away from the pop-up, the show hidden (SH) will, in a couple seconds, auto hide however the task bar will not auto hide until you re-select the (SH) then move the
    mouse away from the (SH) click the mouse to dismiss the (SH) then the taskbar will auto-hide again. If one of the hidden icons has a message for you, that message has to be satisfied prior to the taskbar returning to its hidden state.

Lawrence-Kirkland, Apr 27, 2016
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    Taskbar, not in tablet mode

Have you tried the "Auto-hide the taskbar" option. The taskbar will remain hidden until you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen at which point the taskbar will pop up.

To access the setting right click the taskbar and select Properties, then check the appropriate box.

SteveG47, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Joiusa11, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Go to Settings/System/Notifications & Actions and disable some appropriate settings, specifically 'Show App notifications':

Stop hidden taskbar popping up. [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Stop hidden taskbar popping up. - Similar Threads - Stop hidden taskbar

2. Stop Cortana From Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Cortana From Popping Up: Cortana continually pops up when I'm using the track pad on my Lenovo Ideapad. I usually use one finger to move the cursor and a second finger to click the left button. When I click Cortana pops up and the click does not execute. Then I have to click away to get Cortana to go...
  3. How to stop Microsoft pop up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Microsoft pop up?: Hi! I am trying to figure out how to stop a pop up that keeps showing up on my laptop almost everytime I log on. It is a full screen stating "Important updates needed!"... After Oct. 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support my version of Windows 10 & my PC won't receive...
  4. How to stop Edge pop up

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge pop up: Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod or I phone. I keep saying "No", but the pop up keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this? I have Firefox also, and my home...
  5. Stop Cortana from popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Cortana from popping up: Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing is to use one finger to move the mouse on the touchpad and one finger resting on the left click button. I've gone into my...
  6. Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar: Hello there! My display language is in English (Philippines) and it's the only language I have installed. Weirdly enough, I noticed that when I open up CS:GO (a game), the input indicator pops up at the right part of my taskbar. I've tried everything, I've disabled it in...
  7. Problem with Win10 "pop up" taskbar windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Win10 "pop up" taskbar windows: Ok so i'll try to explain my problem, explain my theory and tell you what I've done so far... So it started with a problem with "ghost icons" in the taskbar, so icons with no image, which were not pinned but still took space in my taskbar... I've ran a command prompt line...
  8. Taskbar popping up for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar popping up for no reason: I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be a little different. I have the TB set to automatically hide. The TB pops up at random intervals, stays up for maybe a second...
  9. Blank taskbar pop-up - possible cause?

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank taskbar pop-up - possible cause?: Hello, I'm in need of help. Thing is, I have asked around about my problem in other corners of the web and got ignored, so hopefully this time would be different... I am running the TH2 version of Win10 x64 Pro with 2 installed languages - English and Russian. English is...
  10. HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.: Hey Everyone I have a question for some help on something that is annoying me for a very long time. When i have a program open like Teamspeak or Discord and someone types something on chat you get a notification update and your taskbar pops up highlighting the icon...