Windows 10: Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

Discus and support Stop hidden taskbar popping up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joiusa11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Joiusa11 Win User

Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

Hi All,
    I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the taskbar when I want not when it thinks I want to.

Thanks

:)

Joiusa11, Apr 27, 2016

2. auto-hide taskbar not working in windows 10

Task bar will not auto-hide and auto-hide is selected in its ‘Properties’?
    If you click the ‘show hidden icons’, allow it to pop-up then move your cursor away from the pop-up, the show hidden (SH) will, in a couple seconds, auto hide however the task bar will not auto hide until you re-select the (SH) then move the
    mouse away from the (SH) click the mouse to dismiss the (SH) then the taskbar will auto-hide again. If one of the hidden icons has a message for you, that message has to be satisfied prior to the taskbar returning to its hidden state.

Lawrence-Kirkland, Apr 27, 2016
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    Taskbar, not in tablet mode

Have you tried the "Auto-hide the taskbar" option. The taskbar will remain hidden until you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen at which point the taskbar will pop up.

To access the setting right click the taskbar and select Properties, then check the appropriate box.

SteveG47, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Joiusa11, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Go to Settings/System/Notifications & Actions and disable some appropriate settings, specifically 'Show App notifications':

Stop hidden taskbar popping up. [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Stop hidden taskbar popping up. - Similar Threads - Stop hidden taskbar

2. How to stop hidden Taskbar from popping up and staying up when ever I get notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop hidden Taskbar from popping up and staying up when ever I get notifications.: First off, I do have Discord and I do need notifications on because email provider doesn't recognize Discord coming to my email.That being said. Every time I get a pop up from Discord, the Taskbar appears and stays up instead of being hidden like I want it to. When that...
  3. How to stop hidden Taskbar from popping up and staying up when ever I get notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop hidden Taskbar from popping up and staying up when ever I get notifications.: First off, I do have Discord and I do need notifications on because email provider doesn't recognize Discord coming to my email.That being said. Every time I get a pop up from Discord, the Taskbar appears and stays up instead of being hidden like I want it to. When that...
  4. Change proximity for hidden Win10 taskbar popping up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change proximity for hidden Win10 taskbar popping up: So I've set my taskbar to hidden, but I find it annoying having to move the cursor all the way to the edge to bring up the taskbar using a trackpad. Is there a way to increase the proximity of the cursor so that the taskbar pops up even if it isn't the extreme edge of the...
  5. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  6. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  7. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hidden taskbar won’t pop up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden taskbar won’t pop up: I just turned on my pc and when i hovered the cursor over where the taskbar is, the hidden task bar won’t pop up. when i try clicking the very bottom of the screen the cursor indicates something is loading, but it won’t load. submitted by /u/nomad491750 [link] [comments]...
  9. Hidden Taskbar Pops up in multiples of 3 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden Taskbar Pops up in multiples of 3 Windows 10: In Windows 10, on computers owned by my employment, with a ScreenConnect client for the SysAdmin to access remotely installed: My taskbar is set to auto-hide. Randomly, between 2-5 times per workday, it will pop up for a second as if an app has a notification, then hide...
  10. HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.: Hey Everyone I have a question for some help on something that is annoying me for a very long time. When i have a program open like Teamspeak or Discord and someone types something on chat you get a notification update and your taskbar pops up highlighting the icon...