Windows 10: Stop HOVER please.

Discus and support Stop HOVER please. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hate this option and I can't stop it. All the threads out there are outdated or for other versions of Windows, or are just wrong. I just want this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelCrowl, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Stop HOVER please.

I hate this option and I can't stop it. All the threads out there are outdated or for other versions of Windows, or are just wrong. I just want this option gone. I can't even imagine that anyone out there finds this feature useful. If I leave the cursor anywhere for more than a second, it selects links, opens windows, relocates my cursor, and generally makes the laptop horrible to use. PLEASE help me!

Also... There seems to be some brand new "Pinch to Zoom" issue that hasn't been present for the previous seven months that I've owned this laptop. I try to scroll (The two-finger style on the touchpad) and the screen zooms like 10X. I HAVE used the pinch to zoom previously, but the screen has never zoomed like this thing does now. Not helpful at all, and I can't find any way to fix it.

HP Laptop, WIndows 10. Thanks to anyone who can solve this, and that includes you, Microsoft.

:)

MichaelCrowl, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Stop HOVER please.

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Stop HOVER please.

1. Stop HOVER please. - Similar Threads - Stop HOVER please

2. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  3. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  4. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  5. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar

The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar: The window stopped opening on hover on the taskbar. Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS 19042.867 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I found the checkmark in adminpanel, it did not help. Updated...
  7. hover animation stops after 3minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hover animation stops after 3minutes: Hi I've just up graded to win 10. After about 3 minutes of inactivity when you hover over a button/icon that would normally react to the pointer like lights up or highlights doesn't react. If you click on that icon it will still work so no mouse problems just no high...
  8. How to stop image hover enlargement?

How to stop image hover enlargement?: Hey Guys, I have a weird question in any browser if ii put my cursor on any website it enlarges the photo even without clicking it. It does not open a new tab or change the page but only puts up the image like it is using magnifier. Magnifier is off and I have no other...
  9. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  10. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...