Windows 10: Stop me if you've heard this before...

Discus and support Stop me if you've heard this before... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, After running Win 10 (Professional) without incident since it was introduced, our trusty desktop system decided it was ready to die. We had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FourSalt, Jun 22, 2019.

1. FourSalt Win User

Stop me if you've heard this before...

Hi there,

After running Win 10 (Professional) without incident since it was introduced, our trusty desktop system decided it was ready to die.

We had all data and apps transferred to temporary replacement system. When that old boat anchor was replaced by this new Dell laptop, everything worked as advertised except for Windows Pro. The laptop came with Win10 Home. We want our legally purchased Win10 Pro back.

From the info I received, the disturbing news that I cannot revert to our old Win 10 Pro. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I cannot accept the fact that I'll need another $100 for the same OS I'd been using since Moby was a minnow.

Since it was introduced to our system originally via download from MS, I have no source media for Win10 Pro. I've got the original receipt from the old Company Store in Redmond, a valid product key from Win7, and the original DVDs for that OS. The old, original download for Win10 Pro the upgrade was lost long ago.

Can anyone help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

FourSalt, Jun 22, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 22, 2019
  3. mac_user Win User
    Phone Antivirus

I also can suggest F-Secure, I`ve heard it is pretty good.

mac_user, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Stop me if you've heard this before...

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Stop me if you've heard this before...

1. Stop me if you've heard this before... - Similar Threads - Stop you've heard

2. Firefox keeps redirecting to adara.com never heard of this company before?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firefox keeps redirecting to adara.com never heard of this company before?: So for the past couple of days when I have been browsing on firefox I have been redirected to a new firefox window with a open tab and a second one I was in with the url adara.com now I have done some reaserch into adara and from what ive gathered is that there a company that...
  3. Audio not heard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not heard: having a problem hearing sound from my PC speakers whem playing youtube videos etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-heard/5b434b22-3aec-4ba1-bbcd-62a0450da49c
  4. Confused -- What's Windows 10 Team --never heard of it before ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused -- What's Windows 10 Team --never heard of it before ?: Hi folks Any ideas what Windows 10 Team Edition is -- never heard of it before = or is it only vailable in some areas. Cheers jimbo 164591
  5. Fix your sound Try this if you've tried everything before.

Fix your sound Try this if you've tried everything before.: Hey, guys! I found a solution to my sound problem. I don't know if it's going to work for you. I'll tell you how I did it and it worked. Basically you need to update all the drivers you see that are related to audio, you will find them in these sections: Software...
  6. Fix your sound. Try this, if you've tried everything before.

Fix your sound. Try this, if you've tried everything before.: Hey, guys! I found a solution to my sound problem. I don't know if it's going to work for you. I'll tell you how I did it and it worked. Basically you need to update all the drivers you see that are related to audio, you will find them in these sections: Software...
  7. I've not seen (or heard about) this before.

in Windows 10 Support
    I've not seen (or heard about) this before.: I just performed a forced Win 10 update from a 1909 build to the latest 2004 build. I now no longer have access to my programs list via either the Start sequence or the Windows key! Can anyone suggest a fix? For me its serious detriment. Thanks. 159081
  8. How to be heard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to be heard?: How do i connect my earphones in a way that i could use them to hear AND to be heard (as a mic) Right now, its one or the other. Thx in advance submitted by /u/KendrickLamar28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbe5pb/how_to_be_heard/
  9. Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan?: On another forum I'm trying to help a guy who insists his A/V scan is interrupted every time his screensaver engages/locks. (requires password to resume). He's blaming the A/V and I'm blaming Windows 10....ideas anyone? 33035
  10. Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Probably the strangest case you've ever heard: So I've had this issue upgrading Windows 10 getting frozen on certain % at any random time. But, this time I decided to look at my hard drive activity LED. If i move my mouse which is in the 3.0 slot which I didn't even install drivers for, the light goes on for 5-30 seconds...