Windows 10: Stop Microsoft auto login to website

Discus and support Stop Microsoft auto login to website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I went to a website using my Chrome browser. The website gave me the option to sign in using a button for google, a button for Microsoft, or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Juliealk2020, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Stop Microsoft auto login to website

Hi. I went to a website using my Chrome browser. The website gave me the option to sign in using a button for google, a button for Microsoft, or email. In a hurry, I clicked the Microsoft button. I used my credentials and before I could do anything, my 8-year-old clicked "save password." I want to log my son into this website using his own credentials, but now, the site automatically logs me in. If I log out and try to log back in, there is a brief window that pops up with login.microsoftonline...., and I am logged on. This is NOT Chrome autofill. I can not find out how to change this anywhere and it is very frustrating.

So, to be clear: using Chrome browser, clicked button to log into the website using Microsoft. How can I get Microsoft to forget this website so I can log my son in? Thanks!

:)

Juliealk2020, Apr 3, 2020

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 3, 2020
  3. demonguy Win User
    How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Stop Microsoft auto login to website

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Stop Microsoft auto login to website

1. Stop Microsoft auto login to website - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft auto

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  4. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  5. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  6. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  7. All browsers suddenly stopped auto login

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers suddenly stopped auto login: Hi all. Over the last few days every single browser that I use has suddenly stopped auto login to all relevant sites. I usually only use Firefox but when this started I tried Chrome and Edge. The problem is the same on all of them so I don't believe this is a browser problem...
  8. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  9. How to STOP Auto Login of last user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user: How do I force Windows 10 to display a list of users instead of automatically logging to the last used account? I have seen "fixes" posted for Windows 8, but I have also seen lots of comments that these fixes won't work in Windows 10. I'm looking for a reliable fix for...
  10. Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive: Good day everybody. Is it necessary to logon using my Microsoft passport to get onedrive worked ?. 1- if not what shall I do to have onedrive worked and sync ?. 2- if yes how to set pc to sign in automatically ?. Thanks 31243