Windows 10: Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to 20H2 and my firewall keeps nagging me that Microsoft Edge Update is trying to connect online like every half an hour . Now you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

Ever since I upgraded to 20H2 and my firewall keeps nagging me that Microsoft Edge Update is trying to connect online like every half an hour . Now you may wonder why am I not white listing it or blocking it indefinitely , is simply because I keep up this setting on a gaming laptop that I try to keep lag-less , so basically I try to spot notorious apps or services that may attempt to clog internet or cause CPU sudden peeks/hickups even if they were Microsoft's to shut them off the right way and now it seems like MS Edge is being that .

Of course I did allow it internet access few times but it seems there is no update happening and this is its behavior of checking at my end at least .

So bottom line , how to stop it the right way ? I could see it has a service and I can disable it but was wondering though if it has a software toggle at some place I can switch it off by .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 28, 2020

2. Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

Ever since I upgraded to 20H2 and my firewall keeps nagging me that Microsoft Edge Update is trying to connect online like every half an hour . Now you may wonder why am I not white listing it or blocking it indefinitely , is simply because I keep up this setting on a gaming laptop that I try to keep lag-less , so basically I try to spot notorious apps or services that may attempt to clog internet or cause CPU sudden peeks/hickups even if they were Microsoft's to shut them off the right way and now it seems like MS Edge is being that .

Of course I did allow it internet access few times but it seems there is no update happening and this is its behavior of checking at my end at least .

So bottom line , how to stop it the right way ? I could see it has a service and I can disable it but was wondering though if it has a software toggle at some place I can switch it off by .

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Dec 28, 2020
  4. mite1977 Win User

Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

endless updating

my nokia N80-1 is updating endless, it stoped on step 3 and now it says do not remove the phone so how can i stop this endless updating or cancell it and start again step by step.

mite1977, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

1. Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2 - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Edge

2. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless updates: Why is my pc wanting to update constantly? It slows it down and unable to work on it. Plus there is always an update fail. 0x800f080a.How can I prevent it from slowing down my computer. I have a lot of free space but does not help.It is so frustrating. This has been going on...
  3. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless updates: Why is my pc wanting to update constantly? It slows it down and unable to work on it. Plus there is always an update fail. 0x800f080a.How can I prevent it from slowing down my computer. I have a lot of free space but does not help.It is so frustrating. This has been going on...
  4. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft feature update 20H2 error- 50 attempts

Microsoft feature update 20H2 error- 50 attempts: Hello,The most recent update I have is 2018 - 06 Windows 10 version 1607 kb4134659 and I am trying to update to feature update windows 10 version 20H2. However, every time it fails to install with windows error 0x80004005 sometimes error code 0x80246010. I have tried ever...
  6. March 20H2 update, endless problems

March 20H2 update, endless problems: All problems started after running Windows Update on 3.10.2021 ~5GB downloaded. The 1st symptom was that the Cryptographic Service often ties up my 1TB HDD for long periods. Lenovo x64 laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 purchased November 2020, with Win10 1909? pre-installed. I did no...
  7. Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Microsoft Edge Endless Attempts to update on 20H2: Ever since I upgraded to 20H2 and my firewall keeps nagging me that Microsoft Edge Update is trying to connect online like every half an hour . Now you may wonder why am I not white listing it or blocking it indefinitely , is simply because I keep up this setting on a gaming...
  8. attempting to install microsoft edge fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    attempting to install microsoft edge fails: Request Id: 9d3f254d-886f-4ae2-9e1c-728fb426a500 Correlation Id: c771130a-262e-47cf-a3c1-52a7cb8eb590 Timestamp: 2020-08-06T14:12:11Z Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app...
  9. Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin: With the new update, Microsoft Edge was automatically put onto my taskbar. I unpinned it, but once I did so, I opened a new program, only to realize there was an odd space [ATTACH] Right clicking this space made it show that somehow, Microsoft Edge was still there? It seems...
  10. Stop update attempts ........

Stop update attempts ........: ....... My Win 10 PC has a 32 G drive. After several updates Windows takes up over 20 G I keep getting update popups The latest says I can add (temporary) external drive for update. It is now to the point that even after the external usb stick attempt I get a not...