Windows 10: stop microsoft from changing my computer

Discus and support stop microsoft from changing my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I stop microsoft from changing my computer? I started with a win7 computer, they auto updated me to win 10. I tried to reset back to win7 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevenpflug, Aug 29, 2020.

1. stop microsoft from changing my computer

how do I stop microsoft from changing my computer? I started with a win7 computer, they auto updated me to win 10. I tried to reset back to win7 but they somehow changed my reset partition as well so the best I could do was an older version of win10.

I could do everything I needed with win7, but now with win10, my computer boggs down so much with all the background apps they think I need, that I can barely write an e-mail.

Now they think I need outlook for a browser, and they somehow changed me from firefox to outlook.

:)

stevenpflug, Aug 29, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

stop microsoft from changing my computer

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

stop microsoft from changing my computer

1. stop microsoft from changing my computer - Similar Threads - stop microsoft changing

2. how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers: Microsoft updates are nothing but trouble . I do not need them . I do not want them . They do nothing for me . MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN MY COMPUTERS .I have automatic updates turned off EVEN ON MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER . TODAY I HAVE TO REFORMAT HARD DRIVE THANKS TO DAMAGE FROM...
  3. how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers: Microsoft updates are nothing but trouble . I do not need them . I do not want them . They do nothing for me . MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN MY COMPUTERS .I have automatic updates turned off EVEN ON MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER . TODAY I HAVE TO REFORMAT HARD DRIVE THANKS TO DAMAGE FROM...
  4. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  5. How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.: First of all before I start, let me say that I am furious with microsoft from making changes to and installing software on MY pc WITHOUT my permission. Nevermind my fury, in my country it is ILLEGAL to tamper with any object in my possession without my permission, it is a...
  6. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  7. Stop Windows Update from Restarting my Computer

Stop Windows Update from Restarting my Computer: I just lost oh I don't know, umm hours of work again. This has to be the 100th time in my life that my computer decides to restart without asking me and I lost a ton of open working files! It's hilarious because if I try to turn off my pc with programs open it won't let me....
  8. STOP COMPUTERS FROM SYNCHING

STOP COMPUTERS FROM SYNCHING: I have a PC at home which I use for all my personal work, and a PC at the office which is, of course, for work-related stuff. However, these two machines have started synching, and it's driving me crazy! If I make any changes to the desktop on my office machine, those...
  9. Stop windows from changing my display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stop windows from changing my display settings: I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP Envy Recline 23-k011. However the settings do not always hold after a shutdown and reboot . It reverts back to 100% brightness...
  10. Stop Windows from changing my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Windows from changing my drivers: Good day all, Yesterday and today, I am having a issue with Windows changing my display driver. I installed it from HP and then AMD had an update, so I downloaded it. All went well until Windows decided they did not like it and changed it back. So, I did it again and again,...