Windows 10: Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On every reboot of my computer I'm currently getting a splashscreen about setting up Microsoft Hello. It always fails due to being unable to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StarSword, May 15, 2020.

1. StarSword Win User

Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up

On every reboot of my computer I'm currently getting a splashscreen about setting up Microsoft Hello. It always fails due to being unable to connect to the server, and from what I can tell this is a tablet thing. I'm running Windows 10 on a tower that has no touchscreen or any attached camera, so it can't use Hello anyway. I have investigated Windows settings, and the relevant items are all already disabled.

How do I disable this **** so it stops interfering with my boot-ups?

:)

StarSword, May 15, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 15, 2020
  3. CanAm Win User
    How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?

Hi Barman58,

OK, I found this page that looks a lot like the one you posted, but it only has "Share Across Devices" listed.

Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up [​IMG]

As you can see it's in the on position. Should I set it to the off position? This will not affect my Chrome Sync will it?

CanAm, May 15, 2020
  4. Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up

Microsoft Hello

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have access to another administrator account on your computer?
    3. Have you recently updated or upgraded your pc?

I suggest you try to login using the onscreen keyboard and enter your credential carefully and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to use on screen keyboard.

1. Select the Ease of Access
      button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    2. Select On-Screen Keyboard.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you further.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up

1. Stop Microsoft Hello pop-up - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Hello

2. Stopping McAfee pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping McAfee pop ups: Hi thereI am trying to stop the McAfee pop ups that say my computer is not covered when I now have Norton security. I tried going into settings to turn them off and they are already turned off. It is getting really annoying! Would be grateful for any help....thanks...
  3. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  4. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  5. Notifications Stop Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications Stop Popping Up: I am running the latest Windows 11. Since I updated to 11 almost a year ago, I have had an intermittent issue where all notifications stop popping up. Some notifications still give the sound, but nothing pops up and they are not visible in the notification center. Even the...
  6. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

in Cortana
    Stop the Cortana Pop Up: Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???...
  7. How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?: Please note that I posted this same thread on another Microsoft Forum but I suspect it wasn't the right one. For at least the last six months I have been getting a pop-up notice several times a week on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to stop it. I am using a Compaq...
  8. Stop pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop pop ups: I am plagued with pop ups in chrome. I have tried to stop them through internet properties but they still come. Any help would be appreciated. Thenks Steve Jones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-pop-ups/c050d9fa-43b4-4324-a588-35a20023f846
  9. Microsoft Family Features not stopping popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features not stopping popping up: So, i am using a second laptop because my other one is unusable. Whenever i bootup windows The Family features windows spams me and i can't access other settings as it opens in settings, it doesn't say anything cause it has no time to load before it opens up again, my copy of...
  10. How to stop Microsoft pop up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Microsoft pop up?: Hi! I am trying to figure out how to stop a pop up that keeps showing up on my laptop almost everytime I log on. It is a full screen stating "Important updates needed!"... After Oct. 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support my version of Windows 10 & my PC won't receive...