Windows 10: Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have something I want to have open 24/7 but when Microsoft forces it's updates, the computer restarts and the program has to be restarted manually.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James1093, Dec 20, 2018.

1. James1093 Win User

Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates

I have something I want to have open 24/7 but when Microsoft forces it's updates, the computer restarts and the program has to be restarted manually.
    Is there a way to prevent MS doing this? I do answer "later" when prompted about an update. But I want to decide what is later, and not it.

:)

James1093, Dec 20, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 20, 2018
  3. cdawall Win User
    issues with CCC

here is what MS says it is sou sounds like driver issue

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

and how they say to fix it..

Follow these steps to solve the problem with a video device driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused Windows to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Solution

There are two options you can use to try to fix the problem. If the first option doesn't work, then try the second.

Option 1: Install the most current device driver for your video card

Go online to check for an updated version of a video device driver on the Microsoft Update website:

Click to go to the Windows Update website

If there are no updated drivers listed on Microsoft Update, we recommend you contact the manufacturer of the video card for additional support. Let them know that you received an error for a video device driver and ask if product updates are available.

If there are no updated drivers on Microsoft Update and you don't know the name of the video card manufacturer, we recommend you contact your computer manufacturer for additional information and support.

How do I find my computer manufacturer (OEM)?

You can find the name of your computer manufacturer (also known as the original equipment manufacturer or OEM) by following these steps:
    o Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32, and then click OK. Your computer manufacturer is listed in the right pane of the System Information window.

Option 2: Manually decrease Hardware Acceleration for your video adapter

cdawall, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates

1. Stop Microsoft Restarting My Computer After updates - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Restarting

2. Computer stopped working after restarting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stopped working after restarting it: My windows 10 computer has this issue where I am unable to run any programs and use the windows menu on the bottom left. I’m basically unable to do anything as when I run a program my cursor will have the spinning blue circle and it will infinitely load and when I try to do...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft from automatically restarting my computer after an update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft from automatically restarting my computer after an update?: Ok, I've spent the last hour reading people's complaints that are equal in frustration and anger to mine. I cannot tell you how disappointing it is to have yet another BULLY try to decide for me because they think they are smarter than everyone else on earth. Trust me, YOU...
  4. Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? How to Stop Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? How to Stop Windows 10 updates?: What in the heck is wrong in the Microsoft development department? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO RESTART MY COMPUTER ANYMORE!!!! How do I prevent Micorosoft from ever being able to restart my computer EVER AGAIN?>>>>>>?????? I cannot believe for like the 10th time you guys have...
  5. Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!

Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!: What in the heck is wrong in the Microsoft development department? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO RESTART MY COMPUTER ANYMORE!!!! How do I prevent Micorosoft from ever being able to restart my computer EVER AGAIN?>>>>>>?????? I like most people use your computers to do work, and I...
  6. Stop Windows Update from Restarting my Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows Update from Restarting my Computer: I just lost oh I don't know, umm hours of work again. This has to be the 100th time in my life that my computer decides to restart without asking me and I lost a ton of open working files! It's hilarious because if I try to turn off my pc with programs open it won't let me....
  7. computer stopping and restarting

computer stopping and restarting: My PC suddenly stops, displays blue screen and restarts. How do i solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stopping-and-restarting/b449d411-a67f-45ea-a59f-286904ccedc0
  8. computer stopping and restarting

computer stopping and restarting: My computer stops , shows blue screen stating problem with pc and restarts This happens 4 to five times a day. How can i solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stopping-and-restarting/ab35e45c-8494-4b5f-8d28-ef8d6fd78b0a
  9. Computer will not restart after update

Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...
  10. After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates: After I restart my computer and once it is fully restarted. If I go into the Microsoft store and check for updates, it always comes up with 30 or so. Though nothing new usually is ever updated at that time. It is all prior updates as the modified dates are from weeks to...