Windows 10: Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KennethEComerJr, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading lies (or exaggerations and half truths) before rejecting things. Can I configure Cortana to work with Github? Source forge? Both?

I also do not like Edge. I use Opera, Chrome and Firefox.I want to stop Edge and Bing forever. How?

:)

KennethEComerJr, Nov 11, 2018

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

Windows Store, Microsoft Edge

Hi,

This error code might appear when the system failed to connect to Windows Store. It might be caused by a third-party software or program that prevents accessing default applications. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows Store and Microsoft Edge. For your reference, check this
    article on how to run the troubleshooter for Microsoft Edge. Follow these steps on how to perform
    the troubleshooter for Windows Store:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Windows, select Windows Store Apps.
    • Click on Next, then follow the instructions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

1. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Store

2. Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC: I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Version 1607. I can not find Microsoft store app, edge browser app and cortana app in my PC and even i couldnot download them from websites. Please suggest me the possible solutions ....
  3. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  4. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  5. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  6. Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store: Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work. Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc.... If I turn on my VPN everything works. Tried sfc/scannow and no errors Checked Ipv6 is enabled 119138
  7. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  8. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for just over a year (a recent convert from mac OS). i hope you guys can help me out. I recently got infected with 3 trojans. Bitdefender picked them, quarantined them but after every reboot they came back. So I downloaded...
  10. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...