Windows 10: Stop min/max of app from taskbar click

Discus and support Stop min/max of app from taskbar click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all Is there a way to stop being able to minimize or maximize a apps window by clicking on its button in the task bar? Thanks 180201 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WBFAir, May 29, 2021.

1. WBFAir Win User

Stop min/max of app from taskbar click

Hello all Is there a way to stop being able to minimize or maximize a apps window by clicking on its button in the task bar? Thanks

:)

WBFAir, May 29, 2021

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 29, 2021
  3. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 29, 2021
  4. dw85745 Win User

Stop Controlbox (Min/Max) Mouseover

Since I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 the Min/Max buttons now require a mouseover to show
    (ie they are NOT always visible). In addition, they are now colored with a light blue background
    and the close button has a light red background.

I do NOT like the controlbox mouseover feature.
    Any way (or a Registry setting) to shut it OFF.

dw85745, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Stop min/max of app from taskbar click - Similar Threads - Stop min max

2. How to fix cut off Tabs and min, max, restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix cut off Tabs and min, max, restore: I am using Win 10 with Chrome and dual monitors. When I maximize a webpage on my main screen the top off the screen "bar", which shows the page opened, other tabs, and the minimize, maximize, and exit buttons are cut off. I have searched through other forums and things and...
  3. how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar: I'll be using VLC media player as an example but it happens with certain messaging apps etc.Whenever an app wants attention about something status change and whatnot its icon blinks yellow on the taskbar. This wont stop until I put focus on the app, and it's very annoying to...
  4. how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar: I'll be using VLC media player as an example but it happens with certain messaging apps etc.Whenever an app wants attention about something status change and whatnot its icon blinks yellow on the taskbar. This wont stop until I put focus on the app, and it's very annoying to...
  5. Cant right click on taskbar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant right click on taskbar apps: Hey, out of no where my windows 10 started having some issues, it wont let me right click on taskbar applications, it'll just show the list of recent projects opened for half a second then disappear and when i click the windows search bar it does the same thing. My windows...
  6. min/max button not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    min/max button not working in windows 10: Windows 10 home edition. Min/max button not working & back arrow on bottom of task bar not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minmax-button-not-working-in-windows-10/b369bee8-41e2-47a3-b474-71b37744c3be
  7. min and max screen functions

min and max screen functions: I can't use the min the little box between the close X and reduce to task bar -} in the upper right corner how do I fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/min-and-max-screen-functions/68d00f45-b2fb-4a3b-be95-ee10c94448a5
  8. Stop Controlbox (Min/Max) Mouseover

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Controlbox (Min/Max) Mouseover: Since I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 the Min/Max buttons now require a mouseover to show (ie they are NOT always visible). In addition, they are now colored with a light blue background and the close button has a light red background. I do NOT like the controlbox mouseover...
  9. Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue

Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue: I recently completed a factory reset of my Dell Inspiron 13-5368. When completed the version of Windows 10 Home that was installed was version 1903 (build 18362.175). The version of Microsoft Edge is version 44.18362.1.0. Without any other programs or apps from the Store...
  10. Replace Titlebar buttons (min/max/exit)

Replace Titlebar buttons (min/max/exit): Anyone know of a simple way to replace the Titlebar buttons (minimize, maximize, exit) ? They're just fugly as sin in Windows 10. Thanks 47664