Windows 10: Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10

Discus and support Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you what you need to do to stop […] This article Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 17, 2020

2. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

Hi LianeLe,

There's a possibility that the auto-select on mouse hover is enabled on mouse settings that's you're experiencing this kind of issue. You may follow these steps to disable this feature and see if it works:

1. Open Settings.
    2. On the search bar, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    3. Once in Control Panel window, set the view to small icons, then select
      Ease of Access Center.
    4. Under Explore all settings, select Make the mouse easier to use option.
    5. Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    6. Once done, click Apply, then OK.

Please observe if the mouse still auto-select and then update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It
    is clearly evident via the posts on Microsoft Community that this has been a long standing issue / problem for many people. - Jim

James VFaggotter, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stop mouse auto

2. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  3. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  4. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  5. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  6. How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?: This issue also applies to folder items, i have attached a video to better illustrate the issue. I have already checked to see if i have any tablet-specific software installed, as well as making sure no touchscreen modes are active on my machine. This has been going on ever...
  7. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  8. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  9. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...
  10. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10: Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I...