Windows 10: Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading

Discus and support Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A simple question, I guess. When I insert a music CD into my built-in CD-ROM the bl.....dy music starts playing right away. It's getting on my nerves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony Vella, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading

A simple question, I guess.

When I insert a music CD into my built-in CD-ROM the bl.....dy music starts playing right away. It's getting on my nerves because what I actually want to see is an Explorer type of page listing the individual files. I know there must be a setting somewhere but I simply can't find it. Old age?

Thanks in advance for any help stopping this annoying behaviour.

:)

Tony Vella, Mar 20, 2020

2. Playing Music CD's

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Are you able to play music files which are stored in the computer?
    • Did you try copying the music files from CD to computer to check if you are able to play the files in that way?

I request you to use the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 20, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Can't play music CDs or copy to computer after an upgrade.

Hi David,

Corrupted drivers or outdated application may be the possible reason why you're unable to play music after the update. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried playing music/watching videos? If yes, could you provide us the exact error message?
    • Are you using a specific application when playing a music/watching videos?
    • Does this happen when only using the specific application or with other application also?
    • Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your CD or DVD. You can use the method 1 to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading

Windows Media will not burn my music discs to play on regular CD players

Hello CGaleBaker,

Could you please reply to some of my questions?

• Which Cd player are you referring to? What is the make and model?
    • Did you try to play the music other cd player?
    Well, I suspect there is some issue with the cd player itself as it is running fine on the computer. I suggest you to try playing in on different player and check first.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading

1. Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading - Similar Threads - Stop music starting

2. Service starts and then stops immediately.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service starts and then stops immediately.: Hi, I have a program that needs a service running to work. The service won't start automatically as it should and when I start it manually it starts and then stops immediately. Error message says some services stop when not being used. How do I overcome this. my program...
  3. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  4. how to play music from cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to play music from cd: How do I play a music cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-music-from-cd/2592a774-f557-4674-85cd-a3b92837e94b
  5. play cd music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play cd music: play disc music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-cd-music/a6cd6f5c-8832-4205-b112-1193f00c4a9c
  6. ripping music from cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ripping music from cd: how do I rip music from my cd into windows media player? there is no 'rip; button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-from-cd/76d5c5e8-7596-40ff-afaa-6e5c5858477e
  7. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  8. Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?

Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?: Will latest version of Windows Play music CD's using the Window Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-newest-windows-media-play-play-music-cds/c6dadf0c-feaa-4567-81cf-ce2d45877ab3
  9. ripping music from cd

ripping music from cd: I insert the cd into my computer. I open the Windows Media Player before or after I insert the cd. Most of the time the list of songs on the cd do not show up on the Windows Media Player so I can listen to each song and decide if I want to rip the song. I had no problem in...
  10. Ripping music from CD's

Ripping music from CD's: How do I rip music from CD's. On my Windows Media Player I used to rip music from my legitimate store bought CD. It's been over 6 months since I ripped my last cd. I try to get info from all support areas in Microsoft, nothing works. Would someone help me....