Windows 10: Stop Network Renaming

Discus and support Stop Network Renaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop the the network from constantly changing the network number and resetting the network security. I am now on network 17. This computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeO2, Sep 6, 2019.

1. JakeO2 Win User

Stop Network Renaming

How do I stop the the network from constantly changing the network number and resetting the network security.

I am now on network 17. This computer is attached with a fixed ethernet cable to the same router. No hardware changes, yet every update or at random reboots windows likes to create a new network name. I have this problem on Windows 7 and Window 10 and about 6 different machines at home. This is a simply home network. Should be simple, but the sharing constantly breaks, because of this network renaming. This even prevents my network printer from being accessed.

When windows renames the network you are forced you to go through a bunch of screens to turn the network back to private network and enable Network Sharing and discover.

How do I prevent this?

:)

JakeO2, Sep 6, 2019
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Stop Network Renaming

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Stop Network Renaming

1. Stop Network Renaming - Similar Threads - Stop Network Renaming

2. Camera Stopped Working and Renamed Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Stopped Working and Renamed Itself: So I was using my computer and the camera was working fine and nicely. After a couple of minutes, I put the laptop in sleep mode for about 3 hours before using it again. When I tried to use the camera, it just wouldn't work. I went to Camera App to see the error codes and I...
  3. Camera Stopped Working and Renamed Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Stopped Working and Renamed Itself: So I was using my computer and the camera was working fine and nicely. After a couple of minutes, I put the laptop in sleep mode for about 3 hours before using it again. When I tried to use the camera, it just wouldn't work. I went to Camera App to see the error codes and I...
  4. How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to rename the Ethernet Network Name of Windows?: [ATTACH] We recently changed our router and when I connect to the Internet, it shows "Network 2" but not the name of our router. Please can anyone help me to rename the Network name. I have searched the Web and everywhere there are tutorials for the changing name for...
  5. Can rename Network Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can rename Network Connection: In the "Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections" I want to rename a connection from "Ethernet" to "LAN A" which is the name on the PC cabinet. But I get the error: "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name you specified already exists....
  6. Network chaos: will renaming help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network chaos: will renaming help?: I have a LAN at home with three PCs (and a WDTV Live). All three PCs are running up-to-date 64-bit Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) I'm having problems with linking to them on my LAN. It looks as if there are several LANs on the system, called "Network",...
  7. rename cellular available network

rename cellular available network: Does anyone know how to change the name of this [img] running Windows 10 Home version 1909 153054
  8. rename cellular available network

in Windows 10 Support
    rename cellular available network: Does anyone know how to change the name of this [img] running Windows 10 Home version 1909 153054
  9. How to rename network interfaces

How to rename network interfaces: Hi, I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous. I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying...
  10. Rename Network Adapter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Network Adapter in Windows: How to: Rename Network Adapter in Windows How to Rename a Network Adapter in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you different ways to rename...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is constantly renaming my network