Windows 10: stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos?

Discus and support stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm watching movies on Jriver media center in full screen and I get notifications from windows 10/cortana going through the videos. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imeem, Nov 9, 2016.

1. imeem Win User

stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos?

So I'm watching movies on Jriver media center in full screen and I get notifications from windows 10/cortana going through the videos. Is there a option in windows to prevent this?

:)

imeem, Nov 9, 2016

2. nokia 500 wifi not working

hey i have brought a nokia 500 phone 2 days back and the problem is that it shows wifi found with full signal strenght but while connecting a notifcation from left upper corner says wifi not connected, wifi not found and the connecting process stops please
    help asap

krrazytushh11, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Taskbar keeps on showing up while watching in full screen mode.

Unfortunately this is no help at all. Creating a second user did not solve the problem the taskbar continues to mess up running programs on the computer under Windows 10. I am not the only person having this issue.

Please help

BradMiller215, Nov 9, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Type notifications in "find a settings" box in Settings to see options....scroll down further to see more options.

dencal, Nov 9, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hello, Action centre: I only know of settings (see the bottom of this):
    How to Control Windows 10 Notifications in the Action Center | Page 2 | Digital Trends
    which you would have to turn off manually as appropriate

Then there are Autoplay notifications, which you shouldn't get unless you do something....

Windows update notifications.
    How do I disable this full-screen update notification? : Windows10

I don't know what Cortana notifications you are seeing- I never see any. Could you clarify?

I doubt there's a convenient way to turn notifications on and off before and after a video.

dalchina, Nov 9, 2016
  6. imeem Win User
    I tied cortana to my phone also. so i can messages and emails to my pc and reply to them sometime. These and other notifications from Action Center pops into videos. So far i haven't experience this yet when playing games. I think i found a quicker way to disable them from showing up. I went into Action Center and enabled quiet hours.
    This seems to turns off all notifications, including while i am desktop too.

imeem, Nov 9, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    As stated in my post.....scroll down to choose apps you want it to block, it should list your jriver media centre.

dencal, Nov 9, 2016
  8. imeem Win User

oh sorry. Jriver isn't listed under there. I think the best approach right now is just to turn on Quiet Hours in do not disturb situations.

imeem, Nov 9, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    I note you have changed jriver to Cortana in your opening thread....so you can turn OFF Cortana banners and sounds as it is listed as suggested.....

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. stop notifcations from showing while watching full screen videos? - Similar Threads - stop notifcations showing

2. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  3. PC blue screened while watching video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC blue screened while watching video: My PC blue screened and got this error in the event logs:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffc884edcb78e0, 0xffff93092f4586a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122023-7406-01.dmp....
  4. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  5. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  6. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  7. BSOD while watching shows or youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching shows or youtube videos: Hello, I'm working on my mothers laptop and it's having an issue where it'll freeze and have this buzzing sound and eventually will BSOD. it's a fairly new laptop. less than a year old. HP notebook- da1005dx Would love to get this sorted out as it's pretty frustrating to...
  8. Screen blacking out while watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blacking out while watching videos: Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ? Hope you can help Thanks...
  9. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  10. BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video: I've been getting a BSoD since updating my nVidia drivers for Overwatch. The error I've been getting is "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". I get this BSoD when I am watching a video in full screen on one of my monitors(e.g YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, HBOGO etc) although the...