Windows 10: Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

Discus and support Stop notification toasts but keep the sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The title says it. Is there any way to do this? We need the sounds to warn staff that documents and photos are arriving in Dropbox, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by smartcooky, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

The title says it. Is there any way to do this?

We need the sounds to warn staff that documents and photos are arriving in Dropbox, but the notifications toast pops up right over top of a key app process button which cannot be moved. I did have a registry hack that put the toasts at the top right of the screen, but that no longer works (a Windows update broke that workaround)

This is normally not a problem; you just click the arrow to make it go away, but sometimes, literally hundreds of documents and photos all arrive together over periods of up to fifteen minutes... and you can't clear the toasts quick enough to do any work

:)

smartcooky, Dec 17, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Toast notification position and increasing amount of toast notification on screen

Hi,

To better assist you with regard to toast notification, we suggest that you
    send a feedback to Microsoft

Regards.

John Sarc, Dec 17, 2018
  4. chami2200 Win User

Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

chami2200, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Stop notification toasts but keep the sound

1. Stop notification toasts but keep the sound - Similar Threads - Stop notification toasts

2. Windows Toast Notifications Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Toast Notifications Issue: [ATTACH] Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules (I believe I have!) Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue...
  3. Notifications stopped making sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications stopped making sound: The notifications still appear in a box at the bottom right, but it just doesn't make any sound anymore. even when I plugged in a mouse or a keyboard, the "plugged in / unplugged" sound also stopped. I've looked in the sound tab in the control panel, the notification sound is...
  4. Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1909 (Buid 18363.1256), I rolled back from 20H2 (to many problems). This issue was already there before I had made the upgrade. When I plugged in my WD External Hard Drive wich is protected by Bitlocker, I get that small notification toast at the...
  5. Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear: When I receive a toast notification from the action center, it does not leave my screen, despite the fact that I have the setting for them to go away after 5 seconds. When I click on the notification to dismiss it, it brings me to the desktop which means If I am watching...
  6. Change Notification Toast Location

Change Notification Toast Location: I've scoured the internet to find a way to change the Notification Location for Windows 10. The closest thing I've found is this post: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ However, since a certain Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  8. Windows 10 Toast notification

Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  9. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  10. Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.: Hi, Since upgrading to Win10 I've noticed as in the title, my action centre won't play any sounds or toast banner notify me at all. When I get an email in gmail, I'll see the icon in the taskbar go white, but absolutely no sounds or anything. I've checked the settings...