Windows 10: Stop Office updates

Discus and support Stop Office updates in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello Forum, How do I stop the Office updates ? I took control over windows updates, but cannot stop Office updates, and they come without any notice.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Motim, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Stop Office updates

Hello Forum,
    How do I stop the Office updates ?
    I took control over windows updates, but cannot stop Office updates, and they come without any notice.
    Searched the net for answers, they all point to one target, to uncheck some box in update options, but this I done long time ago.
    Please see attached screenshot, there is no other box.
    Is there some other way to stop it.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Dec 15, 2018

2. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Stop Office updates

Thema:

Stop Office updates

1. Stop Office updates - Similar Threads - Stop Office updates

2. After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working: I have a new computer running Windows 11, after installing 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5017383 Office 2016 will not run, I try to uninstall and modify Office 2016, the Compter does not respond...
  3. how do i stop receiving updates for Office 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop receiving updates for Office 2003: when i use - settings - windows updates i always recieve and update for Microsoft Word 2003 which blocks other updates from being updated.The response i get is Update for Office 2003 KB907417 Download error - 0x80096004 How can I stop the updates for Windows Updates Office...
  4. how do i stop receiving updates for Office 2003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop receiving updates for Office 2003: when i use - settings - windows updates i always recieve and update for Microsoft Word 2003 which blocks other updates from being updated.The response i get is Update for Office 2003 KB907417 Download error - 0x80096004 How can I stop the updates for Windows Updates Office...
  5. how do i stop receiving updates for Office 2003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how to stop office 2016 update on windows 10

how to stop office 2016 update on windows 10: Hi, My client is running windows 10 and we want to stop specific update from reinstalling since it cause solidwork to crash now and then. The offending updates are: KB3114874, KB 4022137, KB4011274, KB2553347 I download show/hide update from...
  7. Office programs stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office programs stopped working after windows update: I cannot open any of my office 365 programs or files. Same as this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram-filesmicrosoft-office/08a4cb35-6e30-4d6c-82da-826e06bcb237?page=1 I have attempted the following: -online repair...
  8. How to stop Windows Updates give me updates for office 2010!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows Updates give me updates for office 2010!: How to stop Windows Updates give me updates for office 2010! I deleted Office 2010 and installed Office 365 Personal and Windows still give me updates for Office 2010 which if I try to install them some have installed and others have fail. [img] [img] [img] How do I...
  9. Windows and Office update stopping display drivers from functioning

Windows and Office update stopping display drivers from functioning: The latest Windows 10 and Office 360 updates occurred almost a few days apart but since then my display drivers and hardware are prevented from functioning. Soon after booting up my PC begins to flicker and goes blank for a few seconds and I am informed my display drivers...
  10. Office 2010 when do security updates stop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 when do security updates stop: That is a good link, gives the file formats the 3 applications in the suite can work with and also some formats it can't work with.