Windows 10: Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive

Discus and support Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HiI have just started receiving a notification that the files I delete will go to the OneDrive recycle bin and be held there for up to 30 DaysIf I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Deeinsale, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Deeinsale Win User

Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive

HiI have just started receiving a notification that the files I delete will go to the OneDrive recycle bin and be held there for up to 30 DaysIf I delete any file I wish to keep it for at least 180 days. I would like any deleted files, whether synced to OneDrive or not, going to my conventional Wiindows 10 recycle bin on my local hard driveIs this possible please? Thanks in advanceDeesale**Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family**

:)

Deeinsale, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 27, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Recycle Bin

Hi Gerob2000R

Where are you deleting those files form, is that form your hard drive or form an external drive or flash drive?

Right click the Recycle Bin and choose Properties

Select your C drive on the resulting dialog

Is the size of the Recycle Bin sufficient and is this option not ticked - Do not move files to the Recycle Bin . . .

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive

Managing a recycle bin on an external drive

Hi,

Your external hard drive has its own recycle bin folder where the deleted files from it are stored. In order to delete those deleted files, we need to access first the recycle bin folder of the external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • At the top menu, click View.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, tick or select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once saved, try to access your external hard drive. Its recycle bin should now be visible. You may then open the recycle bin folder and delete the files inside it.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive

1. Stop One Drive Recycle Bin Use - Keep deleted files Windows 10 Recycle Bin on 'C' Drive - Similar Threads - Stop Drive Recycle

2. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  3. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  4. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Recycle bin space on c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recycle bin space on c drive: I'm asking this question just out of curiosity. So the question is my C drive is 118 GB SSD and the maximum storage capacity of recycle bin on C drive is 7.9 GB. So it's probably 6.7% of space on C drive. So now if my C drive is like 114.5/118 GBfull then will my recycle bin...
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. No recycle bin on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No recycle bin on D drive: I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from other drive doesn't...
  8. No recycle bin on D-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No recycle bin on D-drive: Problem visualized I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from...
  9. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  10. One drive deleted files in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One drive deleted files in recycle bin: I deleted the recycling bin in one drive, and i retrieve the items deleted please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-deleted-files-in-recycle/93cb0510-e8a6-41b5-8e45-ce615ce12e47

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how not use onedrive recycle