Windows 10: Stop Onedrive Autosave

Discus and support Stop Onedrive Autosave in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop one drive from automatically saving? I'm losing a lot of space for stuff that I don't need to keep long term.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naydene2012McCune, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Stop Onedrive Autosave

How do I stop one drive from automatically saving? I'm losing a lot of space for stuff that I don't need to keep long term.

:)

Naydene2012McCune, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Cesare Win User
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

OneDrive has bugs. The autosave sometimes does not work correctly. Just make a small change in the document to re-activate the autosave.

Cesare, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Nova Miro Win User

Stop Onedrive Autosave

autosave on OneDrive

I’d like to know why not all my files are autosaved on One Drive?

Nova Miro, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Stop Onedrive Autosave

1. Stop Onedrive Autosave - Similar Threads - Stop Onedrive Autosave

2. Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave: If I create an Office Document Word or Excel in OneDrive Personal Vault and select auto-save, the file .docx or .xlsx is saved in the Documents folder outside of the Personal Vault. Any changes made to the file located in Personal Vault are saved to Documents if auto-save is...
  3. Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave: If I create an Office Document Word or Excel in OneDrive Personal Vault and select auto-save, the file .docx or .xlsx is saved in the Documents folder outside of the Personal Vault. Any changes made to the file located in Personal Vault are saved to Documents if auto-save is...
  4. autosave screenshots to onedrive disabling itself.

autosave screenshots to onedrive disabling itself.: Whenever I enable "automatically save screenshots I capture to Onedrive" and then click Ok, it is immediately disabled. When I take a screenshot, it isnt saved. When I open the settings for onedrive again, the option is disable....
  5. autosave screenshots to onedrive disabling itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autosave screenshots to onedrive disabling itself.: Whenever I enable "automatically save screenshots I capture to Onedrive" and then click Ok, it is immediately disabled. When I take a screenshot, it isnt saved. When I open the settings for onedrive again, the option is disable....
  6. autosave screenshots to onedrive disabling itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. AUTOSAVE

AUTOSAVE: How do I get my word or excel file to AUTOSAVE without being forced to use onedrive. There was a time when you could set the AUTOSAVE TO 1,2,5, 10 minutes, which was a huge protection agains a computer freezing on you....
  8. Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave: Is there a way to turn off the auto save function for a shared file? For example I am sharing a .ppt file with co-workers so that all can make changes. However we don't want the file to save automatically in case someone makes a mistake. Is there a way to turn off auto save...
  9. OneDrive No Longer AutoSaving Office Files on Desktop, but AutoSaves Just Fine on Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive No Longer AutoSaving Office Files on Desktop, but AutoSaves Just Fine on Laptop: Hello, Everyone. I've been using OneDrive seamlessly between my laptop and desktop for almost a year now. I regularly rely on the AutoSave feature in Office files to access documents between my laptop and desktop. About a month or two ago, the Office files I keep in my...
  10. Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Autosave not properly working for a Word document on OneDrive: I have a Word document saved in the OneDrive folder to allow autosave. But each time I open the document autosave is off again, and switching it on I get the message: [img] Clicking that my document gets saved in the same folder, but with a new name: "document (1).docx"....