Windows 10: Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

Discus and support Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WiLdDEATHbrony, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when Syncing is paused. When it says 'your files are synced' and I try to un-choose the Documents folder it states it Can't stop syncing folder because its the Windows Documents/Desktop folder and is an important folder in Windows and is pointed to OneDrive. How the heck can I fix this to keep it from syncing my Desktop and D

:)

WiLdDEATHbrony, Jul 24, 2022
  2. MisterEd Win User

Change Documents Shortcut

It is possible because I just did it a week ago.

I don't remember the exact steps and can't verify this since I stopped all syncs with OneDrive and uninstalled it when done.

I got the same error when I tried to move the Documents folder from OneDrive
    I went into the OneDrive Settings, then Backup > Manage backup.
    I unchecked the selection for the Documents folder.
    Once I did that I was able to move the Documents folder from OneDrive

This is the only way I know to do it. I suggest you only keep things in the Documents folder you don't want synced with OneDrive. For files currently in OneDrive\Documents that you still want to sync with OneDrive, create a new folder and move them there. Then just add this folder to the ones synced by OneDrive

MisterEd, Jul 24, 2022
  3. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Jul 24, 2022
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Hi,

I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst
    Outlook is open.

Anyone know how to turn off syncing from these folders? Here's a video of what I did to turn the syncing off, but the settings won't stay off:

Thanks.

Mike.

Michael M. Knight, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

1. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder! - Similar Threads - Stop onedrive Syncing

2. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  3. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  5. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  6. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  7. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  8. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive

Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive: I have searched but cannot find an issue to my problem. I purchased a new computer, set up Windows 10, and now my Desktop, Documents and Pictures folders are syncing to onedrive. My Documents folder is far too large to sync, and I refuse to buy additional storage that I...
  10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...