Windows 10: Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

Discus and support Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Is your Print Screen Hotkey not working? Maybe OneDrive or some other program has taken it over. If you cannot set a Hotkey & you see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

1. Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stop OneDrive taking

2. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  3. Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way for stop OneDrive from taking over everything?: I do not want to delete onedrive, but I had to reinstall windows and now when I install, for example, steam, I get OneDrive taking over the Documents folder, so I try to install games and they start being uploaded to onedrive, I want that to stopPrevious the reinstallation,...
  4. How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer: Windows 10 will suddenly start using all resources available. I've at times had to put it to sleep or shut it off to make it stop. I just switched off automated updates trying to protect my computer from the near 100% resource use. It completely takes over. Going to Task...
  5. Print screen taking screencaps from the past

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print screen taking screencaps from the past: I've recently been having this issue with my print screen taking screenshots from a few seconds before the momentI want to actually capture, I've tried googling but all I've been finding is tutorials on how to take screenshots as if I'm 48 years old and using computers for...
  6. How to keep OneDrive from taking over

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep OneDrive from taking over: I have just used a debloater script that uninstalled One Drive from my computer and in Win. 10 in the absence of One Drive, how would i prevent it from becoming the preferred way i save my documents or files or pics. or anything else that it seemed to store automatically?...
  7. Print screen key randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print screen key randomly stopped working: Hey, I have this problem and couldn't find a solution through googling. My PrtScr just stopped working - I noticed it through playing Final Fantasy 14, where it's keybind to take a screenshot from the game directly into a folder. It worked just fine a couple of days ago, but...
  8. win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot: I did a complete disk cleanup yesterday, took all dang day, and now my screenshot short cut doesn't work. In Windows 10 when pressing the Windows logo key and the print screen key, it no longer dims and saves my screenshot. This is all after doing a complete disk cleanup....
  9. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail takes over the screen: I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows 10 start screen taking over the desktop: I am having a problem on Windows 10 where the desktop has been taken over by the start menu. I am no longer able to resize windows as one would on a desktop, but rather they are treated as apps. I will try to post some pictures of the problem. It is almost like Windows 10 has...