Windows 10: Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts

Discus and support Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Somehow I did something to make OneDrive think I wanted it to sync my Chrome and Adobe Reader shortcuts from my desktop to my OneDrive site. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnaMaryB, Jun 1, 2019.

1. AnnaMaryB Win User

Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts

Hi,

Somehow I did something to make OneDrive think I wanted it to sync my Chrome and Adobe Reader shortcuts from my desktop to my OneDrive site. It caused a sync error as you cannot do this. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to tell OneDrive to forget trying to sync these two shortcuts!! Can you help?
    Thanks,

Anna Mary

:)

AnnaMaryB, Jun 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Taffy078 Win User
    OneDrive syncing and I can't stop it

Hi Brink - I recently renewed my Office Home 365 Personal. Previously, OneDrive worked perfectly but now it's a nightmare. It's syncing and I can't stop it - it kept at it for a week earlier & the OneDrive Support Team said it was stuck and told me how to restart it. It's working on 5,000 - odd files but my SuperAntiSpyware checks 13,000-odd.

I've tried everything to stop the blasted thing, including unlinking my PC but all that did was to stop me from opening important folders on my desktop. I thought I'd found the solution myself - I went to Settings>Accounts (which includes sync) then "sync your settings" (it's at the bottom of the list on my PC), then 'turn off sync settings'. It wasn't the solution.
    I know you don't usually like to look at MS Community threads where we've already gone to but if you can, you'll see what's happened. This is just one of probably six or seven on the subject of OneDrivehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/have-i-solved-my-onedrive-problems-win-10/6113d0cd-f670-406e-b9aa-0630d90ce6c9

Taffy078, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts

How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

I have created a simple solution for me to stop and start OneDrive Syncing by using the Windows Task Scheduler.

I have created a basic task to start OneDrive with the following:

• Task Name: Start OneDrive
    • Trigger: Daily
    • Scheduling: Your prefered start time (enter the date when you want the syncing to commence)
    • Action: Start a program
    • Script: Where the OneDrive image resides, normally in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

When OneDrive starts it will open the OneDrive window and if set the OneDrive taskbar icon will appear.
    I work from home, so I do not have to log off – you have to try that one by yourself.
    DO NOT USE THE ADMINISTRATIVE OPTION.

The second basic task is to stop OneDrive:

• Task Name: Stop OneDrive
    • Trigger: Daily
    • Scheduling: Your prefer stop time (enter the date when you want the syncing to commence)
    • Action: Start a program
    • Script: Taskkill.exe with the arguments /im OneDrive.exe /F
    Once OneDrive is stopped, when set, the OneDrive icon may still be shown as a toolbar icon, but as soon as you move the mouse over the icon it will disappear.

Save and test check with a start and stop time close to each other – make it 10 minutes between start and stop and verify - then setup the real times.

If anyone has a better idea it would be great to hear from you.

Hope this will help you all.

PierreCornelissen, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts

1. Stop OneDrive from trying to sync two shortcuts - Similar Threads - Stop OneDrive trying

2. How to stop onedrive from syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  3. How to stop onedrive from syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  4. Stop Onedrive from syncing!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Onedrive from syncing!!: I hate OneDrive so much. It's hyperactive and wasting my time over and over again. I've been trying to deselect most of my folders so that they don't automatically sync. Should be simple enough but this thing is designed so poorly. Firstly you can't access the Settings...
  5. Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive

Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive: I have a program that requires local files to be stored in the MyDocuments folder of Windows 10. That folder happens to be located in OneDrive and I don't want that folder to sync. When it does try to sync it can't merge changes with the existing folder and it creates a copy...
  6. .lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive

.lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  7. .lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive

.lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  8. Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive

Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive: Hey, I would like to use OneDrive to sync two laptops to have the same files. Right now I am syncing desktop and document folders, but I would like to set it so if I delete/modify something on one laptop it will also delete/modify it from the onedrive cloud and then the other...
  9. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...
  10. How to stop desktop shortcuts for apps and files from syncing across two computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop desktop shortcuts for apps and files from syncing across two computers: Split from this thread. I disagree. I just got a Surface Pro and the desktop is synced with the one on me office PC. I don't want it to. How can I make it stop??? For instance, I want different shortcuts on the surface than on the desktop, but if I add or delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop onedrive from syncing shortcuts

2. shortcuts not syncing in one drive

3. stop onedrive syncing shortcuts

4. shortcuts in onedrive dont work,
  5. windows onedrive is syncing shortcuts,
  6. how to stop desktop shortcuts sync on onedrive,
  7. onedrive do not sync desktop shortcuts,
  8. onedrive dont sync desktop shortcuts between computers,
  9. stop onedrive from syncing desktop shortcuts,
  10. ONEDRIVE dont snc shortcuts,
  11. onedrive desktop dont sync shortcuts,