Windows 10: Stop Onedrive sycing my desktop

Discus and support Stop Onedrive sycing my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently started using Onedrive and have noticed it syncs everything. When I try to stop syncing my desktop ALL my desktop files are deleted. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanDaly1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. SeanDaly1 Win User

Stop Onedrive sycing my desktop

I recently started using Onedrive and have noticed it syncs everything. When I try to stop syncing my desktop ALL my desktop files are deleted. How do I stop onedrive from doing this.

This came about because when I save a document on Onedrive then try to open it it crashes MS Word. I cannot access the file in Onedrive, I cannot open it on my desktop UNLESS I have previously emailed it then I can opent he attachment.

In trying to figure out why I could not open the file from Onedrive I noticed all my desktop files were in the folder. When I tried to remove them from Onedrive they were deleted from my PC NOOOOOooooooooooooo not what I want at all.

All I can get from the web is how to delete files FROM your PC but I want to do exactly the opposite AND try and get my word documents stored on Onedrive to open using MS Word.

:)

SeanDaly1, Mar 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

W10Privacy utility. Option to permanently stop OneDrive from starting up.

lemonadesoda, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop Onedrive sycing my desktop - Similar Threads - Stop Onedrive sycing

2. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  3. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  4. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  6. OneDrive and my desktop

OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  7. wordament not sycing with cloud

wordament not sycing with cloud: I have had this issue on and off for a few months now. Tried updating the PC as well as checking updates for apps. I have reset and uninstalled the app several times. All comes with the same issue unable to sync with cloud. I have signed into my xbox account and it says all...
  8. Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive: How can I keep the desktop from being backed up to OneDrive? [Original Title: OneDrive] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-desktop-backup-to-onedrive/a1ab5464-302d-44d3-8a4d-2a2f493458d0
  9. Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is. I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one (for example delete icons), it affects the others. I need them to be different. I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc....
  10. Onedrive not sycing, but says it's up to date. And, when choosing which folder to sync in...

Onedrive not sycing, but says it's up to date. And, when choosing which folder to sync in...: There's a similar post about this, but unlike that user, it's been days for me with the same broken experience. Win 10 x64. I've signed out and in and reinstalled. My OneNote now appears wiped due to the same issue, which would be terrifying if not for being available...