Windows 10: Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email

Discus and support Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I open my yahoo email, it does not open straight forward, instead it open Yahoo.com page, then I have to click the mail on top right side to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sam9, Mar 23, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email

Whenever I open my yahoo email, it does not open straight forward, instead it open Yahoo.com page, then I have to click the mail on top right side to go to my inbox. Is there a way to open direct inbox just like Gmail because opening of yahoo.com page unnecessarily waste time.

:)

2. jcook1963 Win User

MSN probelms with windows 10

Still having issues. Now when I open certain emails (nothing specific some yahoo.com and some msn.com ) msn crashes. Just certain emails with no commonality makes msn crash.

jcook1963, Mar 23, 2016
  3. GNJha Win User
    Like IE, how in Edge

Hi,

We use " iexplore yahoo.com -extoff " for opening yahoo.com on safe mode of IE.

What command I need to use, if I have to open yahoo.com on safe mode of Microsoft Edge?

Regards

GNS

GNJha, Mar 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't use Y!Mail anymore. So I don't know if that still applies.................
    Open Yahoo mail > make sure you are at Inbox page > right click inside the page > click Create shortcut > click Yes to confirm.
    You now have a Y!Mail desktop shortcut. Use it to look for mails.
    Will that open straight to Yahoo Mail ?
    Will that be acceptable ?

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  5. badrobot Win User
    If you just want to check your emails, you can add your Yahoo account on Windows 10 Mail App. No need for web browser.
    I do this on both my PC and Windows Phone.

Here's from my Windows Phone.

Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email [​IMG]

Here's how you add your account: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

badrobot, Mar 23, 2016
  6. sam9 Win User
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

7. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, it worked. First I assumed that any one who Will click this shortcut will straightway be able to see my inbox. No, it open the sign on screen, where I put my authentication and then it opened my inbox. And certainly I wanted the same thing, thanks.

8. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  9. sam9 Win User
    I am waiting for badrobot or anyone else to answer my query raised to him. If you know then please clear my doubt about that because that will teach me one more thing. Though my purpose has been solved by you. After waiting for one or two days, I will mark this thread closed.

10. davidhk Win User
    Your question is :
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

The suggestion given to you is on using the Mail app that comes with Windows 10.
    Once you have added the email account to the Mail app, the account will open to Inbox automatically. No password required.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  11. sam9 Win User
    Thanks very much. Now I am marking it closed. Thanks again.

12. badrobot Win User
    Like @davidhk said, it wil be automatic. Nobody else use my main PC at home so I don't mind. You may want to stick with the first suggestion.

badrobot, Mar 24, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email - Similar Threads - Stop opening yahoo

2. Opening emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening emails: How can I stop my emails being opened automatically when I turn on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-emails/7da602c9-4a6b-423c-b029-6e221147d033
  3. Cannot open email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open email: I need to open an email that's important but I keep getting a box coming up that says 'The requested operation requires elevation'. Can anyone tell me what it means and what I can do to get rid of it so I can see the email as soon as possible?...
  4. Yahoo email acct. will not open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yahoo email acct. will not open.: Virginia Butler1 I can't open my email account. Each time I try to access it, a message appears that says my email account is experiencing a driver error. What do I need to do in order to correct this error? Thanks, Virginia 1...
  5. Suddenly cannot open my email accounts (gmail/cox.net/yahoo)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly cannot open my email accounts (gmail/cox.net/yahoo): I can see that these email accounts are there, but when I click, they don't open into my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-cannot-open-my-email-accounts/cbbcde0e-c6b3-4083-8582-98eb5b97e25b
  6. Email not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Email not opening: My electric power went off for 2 hours and when it came back on my desktop computer's email would not open. The blue screen showing the envelope would appear but a few second later the screen went back to my desktop not opening my email. I was told that I may have lost my...
  7. Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo email: Hi When I open yahoo email. I keep getting a pop up saying the browser is not supportive from 31st January The pop up only offers Firefox & Chrome. I'm using and prefer IE as I find this simple enough for me Is it possible I can get yahoo email to work with IE without...
  8. Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email: I have lost both of these. I have chatted with them and they say its good to computer and they have giving me a new code and also a temp password but it still come with error that says no internet connection or when I put in temp password it says they don't match (password...
  9. Email and calendar will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and calendar will not open: Hi everyone, Email , calendar and all other apps will not open on my windows 10 . It only started like this yesterday. I’d gratefully appreciat any help here , anybody has ideas or has this happened to anyone else . Thank you again Rod 107955
  10. File open in COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    File open in COM Surrogate: I have no idea what COM Surrogate is, but, recently I've had a lot of trouble with it. I'll try to throw something in the trash, or even put the file in some other location and it won't let me. I get the following message (see screenshot) and the only way I can get rid of it...