Windows 10: Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email

Discus and support Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I open my yahoo email, it does not open straight forward, instead it open Yahoo.com page, then I have to click the mail on top right side to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sam9, Mar 23, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email

Whenever I open my yahoo email, it does not open straight forward, instead it open Yahoo.com page, then I have to click the mail on top right side to go to my inbox. Is there a way to open direct inbox just like Gmail because opening of yahoo.com page unnecessarily waste time.

:)

2. jcook1963 Win User

MSN probelms with windows 10

Still having issues. Now when I open certain emails (nothing specific some yahoo.com and some msn.com ) msn crashes. Just certain emails with no commonality makes msn crash.

jcook1963, Mar 23, 2016
  3. GNJha Win User
    Like IE, how in Edge

Hi,

We use " iexplore yahoo.com -extoff " for opening yahoo.com on safe mode of IE.

What command I need to use, if I have to open yahoo.com on safe mode of Microsoft Edge?

Regards

GNS

GNJha, Mar 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't use Y!Mail anymore. So I don't know if that still applies.................
    Open Yahoo mail > make sure you are at Inbox page > right click inside the page > click Create shortcut > click Yes to confirm.
    You now have a Y!Mail desktop shortcut. Use it to look for mails.
    Will that open straight to Yahoo Mail ?
    Will that be acceptable ?

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  5. badrobot Win User
    If you just want to check your emails, you can add your Yahoo account on Windows 10 Mail App. No need for web browser.
    I do this on both my PC and Windows Phone.

Here's from my Windows Phone.

Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email [​IMG]

Here's how you add your account: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

badrobot, Mar 23, 2016
  6. sam9 Win User
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

7. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, it worked. First I assumed that any one who Will click this shortcut will straightway be able to see my inbox. No, it open the sign on screen, where I put my authentication and then it opened my inbox. And certainly I wanted the same thing, thanks.

8. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  9. sam9 Win User
    I am waiting for badrobot or anyone else to answer my query raised to him. If you know then please clear my doubt about that because that will teach me one more thing. Though my purpose has been solved by you. After waiting for one or two days, I will mark this thread closed.

10. davidhk Win User
    Your question is :
    Will it keep my yahoo mail always open or it will still ask for my yahoo mail password because I do not want to keep my mail open.

The suggestion given to you is on using the Mail app that comes with Windows 10.
    Once you have added the email account to the Mail app, the account will open to Inbox automatically. No password required.

davidhk, Mar 24, 2016
  11. sam9 Win User
    Thanks very much. Now I am marking it closed. Thanks again.

12. badrobot Win User
    Like @davidhk said, it wil be automatic. Nobody else use my main PC at home so I don't mind. You may want to stick with the first suggestion.

badrobot, Mar 24, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop opening of yahoo.com when opening email - Similar Threads - Stop opening yahoo

2. Problem with Yahoo email - No opening or dowloading of attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Yahoo email - No opening or dowloading of attachment: Hello,I get the following error message when I try to open or download any attachment from my Yahoo mail account. The error message is as follows:: {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"4001e54e-7aba-ac5e-1c10-880000019b00"}}Thank you for your help,Cedric Levard...
  3. Problem with Yahoo email - No opening or dowloading of attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Yahoo email - No opening or dowloading of attachment: Hello,I get the following error message when I try to open or download any attachment from my Yahoo mail account. The error message is as follows:: {"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"4001e54e-7aba-ac5e-1c10-880000019b00"}}Thank you for your help,Cedric Levard...
  4. Problem with Yahoo email - No opening or dowloading of attachment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. it keeps on opening yahoo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it keeps on opening yahoo: whenever i open my Microsoft edge it auto puts my on-yahoo search as default can anyone tell me how to make this stop and bring me to new tab instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-on-opening-yahoo/2e4f4baf-df81-4654-a627-c2d46eaae89f
  6. it keeps on opening yahoo

it keeps on opening yahoo: whenever i open my Microsoft edge it auto puts my on-yahoo search as default can anyone tell me how to make this stop and bring me to new tab instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-on-opening-yahoo/2e4f4baf-df81-4654-a627-c2d46eaae89f
  7. Open com ports

Open com ports: I just purchased a Microsoft Surface To Go 2 and the program that I have installed asks the following to be done. 1. Open com ports. It says that windows 10 uses 2 com ports for bluetooth. 2. Set power option to "high performance". I need help in accomplishing this....
  8. Com+ Applications will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Com+ Applications will not open.: When I select Com+ Applications in Component Services a window pops up titled "Catalog Error" saying "You do not have permissions to perform the requested action. If security is enabled on the System Application of the target computer make sure you are included in the...
  9. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

in Browsers and Email
    IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(: . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website...
  10. Yahoo email acct. will not open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yahoo email acct. will not open.: Virginia Butler1 I can't open my email account. Each time I try to access it, a message appears that says my email account is experiencing a driver error. What do I need to do in order to correct this error? Thanks, Virginia 1...