Windows 10: Stop or disable all updates on the computer

Discus and support Stop or disable all updates on the computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stop forcing changes to MY computer! Leave everything the way it is! I DO NOT WANT ANY UPDATES! GET OFF MY COMPUTER! **Original Title** I want ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavePflepsen, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Stop or disable all updates on the computer

Stop forcing changes to MY computer! Leave everything the way it is! I DO NOT WANT ANY UPDATES! GET OFF MY COMPUTER!

**Original Title**

I want ALL updates, upgrades, or ANY changes to MY computer stoped, blocked and rejected! Make no changes to MY computer EVER!!!!

:)

DavePflepsen, Jan 9, 2019

2. automatic updates in windows 10 drastically slowed down the computer

Hi Holley,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    Let us try the following steps to disable the Windows update.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Windows Update service from the list.

• Right Click on Windows Update from the list and select properties.

• In Properties Window Select Startup type as Disabled and Stop the Service.
    Windows 10 will not be automatically installing or downloading updates.

You may follow the same procedure and start the windows update service if you wish to update windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

Steps to take:

1. In device manager disable nVidia display adapter if you have also Intel graphics there
    2. Do a FULL disk Cleanup on C drive
    3. In Task Manager disable ALL Startup items
    4. In C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads delete ALL Files and folders
    5. In System Configuration disable ALL NON MS services
    6. Reboot
    7. In Windows defender manually update virus definitions
    8. In Windows defender and all other AV apps, disable ALL AV capabilities
    9. Try to Update again
    10. If update succeeded, then enable AV, startup items, NVidia display adapter(should be online already) and non Windows Services you disabled.

If you need screenshots or help with any of the steps and where to find the right tool for the right job, then drop us a line. Stop or disable all updates on the computer :)

slicendice, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Stop or disable all updates on the computer

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Stop or disable all updates on the computer

1. Stop or disable all updates on the computer - Similar Threads - Stop disable updates

2. How to PERMANENTLY disable ALL updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to PERMANENTLY disable ALL updates?: I still can't figure out how to do that! I've already edited registry and disabled the windows 10 update service but my PC (windows 10 home, HP) still updates without my consent the night. I don't want any updates anymore, I don't care about "sEcUrITy", all I care is to not...
  3. Win 10 update disabled all USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update disabled all USB: It is impossible to log onto my Win 10 the very latest ver because all usb devices are disabled. The keyboard lights during boot but as soon as windows has preloaded and displayed the login screen, the keyboard and mouse are off. Without those it is impossible to get into...
  4. Updates Are Disabling all Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates Are Disabling all Services: I am running Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit After i installed the updates, the PC was slow to boot, and about 2 to 3 minutes for the taskbar. Nothing was running as they should. I opened Task Manager>Details and all Services were either Disabled or Not Allowed. I posted...
  5. Disable all automatic updates for certain?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable all automatic updates for certain?: I'm having to buy to a new computer soon it seems as my current one running Windows 8.1 is starting to have issues that don't seem to be able to be repaired without great cost and all I seem to find are computers with Windows 10 installed now. However, I am on satellite...
  6. Updates Are Disabling All Services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates Are Disabling All Services: This problem has been driving me nuts for several weeks. I have 3 PCs, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and my main PC became extremely slow to boot and load the desktop. It would take 2 or 3 minutes just to load File Explorer and run installed software. I opened the...
  7. Disable All Windows 10 Updates

Disable All Windows 10 Updates: So sick of the **** **** with windows 10! I bought the **** program and have the right to disable the updates permanently! How do I do that? It should be illegal for microsoft to not allow users to disable updates!...
  8. Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?

Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?: I lost two weeks of my time, going through at least 15 different Microsoft techs, and 2 different techs at Corel after the 1903 update abruptly stopped the use of Photoshop, InDesign and Corel Paintshop Prop 2019. I ended up having to do a complete recovery to get them to...
  9. How to disable ALL remote connection to my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable ALL remote connection to my computer?: Hello, I would like to find out how to be 100% sure that no remote connection is allowed to my computer? I have windows 10 Home, version 1903. Since I have the Home edition my understanding is "remote desktop" would be disabled. But when I do a search for "remote" on...
  10. Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software: I have been regularly receiving an update titled "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Deskjet 3510 series" that is for my printer. After attempting the update it always displays Error 0x8024200b. I do not need this update, and would like it to disappear forever, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable all updates

2. disable all updates on computor