Windows 10: stop pc from asking me to change my password

Discus and support stop pc from asking me to change my password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jkhcast, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jkhcast Win User

stop pc from asking me to change my password

I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and they seemed to sign in by creating their own account. I thought i deleted it although im not sure that has anything to do with my issue. Here is my problem: Ever since i got it back from HP it has been telling me that 'my organization' requires me to change my password. THIS IS NOT A COMPANY PC. It is my own personal PC and i am getting tired of it asking me to change my password. I dont even use a password, i use facial recognition and if that doesnt work i use a pin. I do not want a password nor do i want to change it every 30 days. It wont even let me remove it. So, how do i remove the password, and how do i get it to STOP ASKING ME TO CHANGE IT? I have tried to contact HP but have had no luck. This is extremely time consuming and a pain.

:)

jkhcast, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 29, 2020
  4. stop pc from asking me to change my password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

stop pc from asking me to change my password

1. stop pc from asking me to change my password - Similar Threads - stop asking change

2. How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?: How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-laptop-from-asking-me-to-change-my/e4d63d35-77a1-405b-be3a-9d4b39385f22
  3. How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?: How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-laptop-from-asking-me-to-change-my/e4d63d35-77a1-405b-be3a-9d4b39385f22
  4. How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  6. Unable to get Windows to stop asking me to change my password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to get Windows to stop asking me to change my password?: Hi there! I've seen a couple other threads about this but everyone seems to be getting the same answer: Your company has set up a password change, go talk to them. However I continue to get a forced password change every time I log in every couple of month and I am the only...
  7. Unable to get Windows to stop asking me to change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get Windows to stop asking me to change my password?: Hi there! I've seen a couple other threads about this but everyone seems to be getting the same answer: Your company has set up a password change, go talk to them. However I continue to get a forced password change every time I log in every couple of month and I am the only...
  8. Unable to get Windows to stop asking me to change my password?

9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in: Every time I start my computer Windows asks me for the password that I log onto Outlook with (I guess it's called Microsoft ID), but it doesn't do this on my laptop. Is there a way to get it to stop doing this? 98903