Windows 10: Stop pop up message regarding messaging app in Windows 10.

Discus and support Stop pop up message regarding messaging app in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I've got elderly parents who are not up on tech. I updated and cleaned their computer and they are running the latest Windows 10. I have told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gregcutts, Sep 28, 2018.

1. gregcutts Win User

Stop pop up message regarding messaging app in Windows 10.

Hello.

I've got elderly parents who are not up on tech. I updated and cleaned their computer and they are running the latest Windows 10. I have told them all about scam calls, emails and messages and keep my fingers crossed they don't fool for them, but they keep contacting me (which is fine) about the Microsoft messaging app keeps pooping up saying "you have a text message". They check their "non smartphone" and see they don't and they call me thinking the computer is trying to scam them.

How can I stop these messages? The message saying you have a text (when they don't) is exactly something that I warn them about!

Please can Microsoft either change the wording if the pop up can't be stopped or tell me how!!

Thanks!!

:)

gregcutts, Sep 28, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Is there a way to see a history of the messages that pop up in the bottom right of Windows 10?

I'm trying to overclock at the moment and twice now while in the middle of a Prime 95 test, a message popped up in the bottom right but was only there for half a second or so. It was gone so fast that I couldn't even read any of the message, but I saw it was red with the X meaning bad mojo.

I thought to check event viewer but I don't see anything there. What could the message be? For what it's worth the overclock seems stable. This is a fresh installation of Windows 10 64-bit.

CK011885, Sep 28, 2018
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Paulieg Win User

BSOD error messages, assumed to be from overclocking.

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

Paulieg, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop pop up message regarding messaging app in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Stop pop message

2. Windows Pop UP Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pop UP Message: Recently I got a message each time I turn on my computer. I use Windows 10.The message is as follows: MC-WINS-Client.exeThis application could not be started. This application requires the Windows App Runtime Version 1.3 {MSIX package version 7 3000.851.1712.0}Do you want to...
  3. Windows Pop UP Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pop UP Message: Recently I got a message each time I turn on my computer. I use Windows 10.The message is as follows: MC-WINS-Client.exeThis application could not be started. This application requires the Windows App Runtime Version 1.3 {MSIX package version 7 3000.851.1712.0}Do you want to...
  4. pop up message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  5. pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  6. pop up message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Message pops ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message pops ups: A message pops up every time I start my computer. The message being the following ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PortraitDisplays.HPDisplayControl_4.6.44.0_x64_2dg...\Startup Task.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.''...
  8. problems regarding messaging app for windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    problems regarding messaging app for windows 10: I am not able to use the messaging feature in any of the apps either in 'messaging app for windows 10' or from my 'people' app whenever i open the messaging app on my laptop is shows this :- [ATTACH]...
  9. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  10. This message pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This message pop up: Can anyone help me with this. how i can slove this issue and can know the reason behind this message or error .[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-message-pop-up/38395bf6-77ca-4c3d-9136-e174dcc5db54

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the window regarding apps that pops up